Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I started this thread...(way back when)  and my problem was solved FAST ... (thanks to all that helped!) :generic:

Looking back over this thread (and making some copies for my future info... it

seems most of us did NOT set DRIVE :E as the back up restore point (whatever it's called).

AND a lot of people could not even SEE Drive:E (as it was hidden by HP?)

This seems a computer ERROR by H.P. !!!! 

A message should have been sent out to anyone who registered their new HP Computer/laptop with this issue!  It would've saved all of us (the students and the teachers all)  a  LOT of time!

THANKS AGAIN to ALLLL who helped us!!! Thank you for your time !!

But mostly THANK YOU for your PATIENCE !!! :womanhappy:

HP Recommended

hp tools drive e running out of space on my  g7-1320dx drive e not showing up on my computer g7-1320dx

HP Recommended

When i get to system properties > system protection, the E drive does not show up. 
It shows local disk C (system) [says protection is on]

And it shows recovery D [Protection is off]

I can configure those and turn on / off the system protection for C and D but E does not show up at all, and E is the one that says its full / has low space. 

As for C and D, what one of those should be on / off and how do i get E to come up so i can turn it off? TYVM to whoever helps (:

HP Recommended

Some of you  * MAY *  want to go back and read the earlier replies - as a couple of people helped solve

my problem... and it MAY help you too... not sure... just saying that your issue may be resolved in the previous posts. I think I originally posted the question several yrs ago maybe?? HTH. Kim 🙂

HP Recommended

Go to the last reply on this page: 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/quot-HP-Tools-Drive-E-running-o...

It may help you! 

Take care.

Kim 

🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have read the above issues which are similar to what I am experiencing. The only problem is, that when I go to system>system protection there is only C: and 😧 drives. The HP_tools on E: claiming to have full capacity (and is currently showing a full red bar on the computer status page), yet when I try to resolve this issue it states that it can remove "0%" only? Does anyone have the same issue?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. My issue was with my Local Disk(C:). It went RED and only 56G left of one 1T system 3 yrs old. Followed you instructions for the "E" drive issue ............ BUT .......... Because i want some retore points i went to Configure and reduced my Max usage to 10%. This deleted my very old Restore points and kept my latest and will never exceed 90G on that drive. Oh yah I got back over 400G.     Thanks again

HP Recommended

I have this problem, however the advice you give does not help as my (E) drive is not shown in "System Protection", nor is it shown in "backup and restore". Can you advise?

all the best,

lostandadrift

HP Recommended

Its almost funny reading the posts from the beginning.  Someone says that there is no E drive in System protecion, others will express the same frustration. An expert responds with a solution saying to go to the E drive that isn't there, then other users write with the same problem, then another expert gives the same solution that doesn't work and on and on. As of last month I still don't see a viable solution but I'll re read all the posts again. Maybe I missed one little item. 

HP Recommended

In my case, drive E is not associated with System Restore. That is, I have no option to turn it either on or off.

Is there an alternative solution then?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.