Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

E doesn't even show up on available drives in the system protection box....

HP Recommended

there isn't even an "E" drive listed on system protection for me....what's going on???? help???

HP Recommended

@jewls wrote:

there isn't even an "E" drive listed on system protection for me....what's going on???? help???

Then it is something else, list all the folders on your E:

HP Recommended

Hewlett Packerd folder

Ski HP

HP_ WSD.dat

HPSF_rep

MediaID.bin

HP Recommended

The Ski HP folder does not look like it belongs there, what is in it?

HP Recommended

ahhhh....a box pops up saying: choose an option below for the selected backup

restore my files from this backup

restore files for all users of this computer

manage space used by this backup

hmmmmmmmmm........what do ya think?????

HP Recommended

where did ya go??????

HP Recommended

I just deleted it...hopefully it wont hurt my computer....it was a huge file....

HP Recommended

Some backup program is using E to store its backups, and should not.

HP Recommended

Okay....I was messing around with that last month...I guess that's how it happened - I just use a flash drive now....thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.