Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ack0329 ~ Thanks a bunch!!!

I was tryna figure out out to restore this and came across this thread and your entry! Restalling Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 now...lol 🙂   Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info in the bios on Legacy. After enable it. Windows 8.1 started up. Thank-you!!!

HP Recommended

Anybody have solution for this issue? I am already suffering from this error last 5 day and result.

I am not able to see LEGACY SUPPORT not in bios. 

HP Recommended

Hello

I can go into the bios, but i have not the same options as you have in the dokument. I have not the dianogtics box in bios, i have only the main, security, system configuration and exit. I have tested the harddrive in a different computer and it works fine, i have also reinstalled Windows 8.1 on the harddrive but that makes no difference in the HP laptop. I can´t boot up at a USB drive it still write the error message, would it make a change if i try to boot up with a CD ?

I have tryed to run a harddrive test when it write the error message i can press F2 and make a quick harddrive test, and it says passed when i have a harddrive into the computer, but it still write the same message. I have tryed with an dirfferent harddrive and it still write the message

Now i really don´t know what to do....

-Daniel20150125_132921.jpg

HP Recommended
Thanks !! On the first day of my new laptop i got this error. And it for solved.
HP Recommended

My Pleasure ... You are Very Welcome.  and you made my day with your appreciation.

Specifically to

Awesome to see so much help came from this post!
HP Recommended

I just got an email that someone thanked me for this post  .... To All of You ... You ARE VERY WELCOME - AWESOME !

for tquaade, NitinVaghela, 1niketh26,

A few people are saying they can't find Legacy support in the BOIS, I just rebooted to definitively find it's path and may know the problem.  It is within the "Boot Options"

Here is the complete path for newbies:

1/ Press Start

2/ Escape into the options before booting up - for mine it is Pressing thje Escape key - perhaps repeatedly.

On many computers it may be F10/F12/Delete or Something else, the option should flash up for at least a split second before on the lower part of the black screen within a second or 2 of the computer starting up.  If you can't find the key from any aforementioned way, you can find the name of your motherboad and google it with "getting into the bios" or "bios key"

3/ Select "BIOS" - for mine it is selecting F10

4/ Choose the "System Configuration" tab - formine it was the 3rd or 4th tab.  There were only 3 tabs that had any choices for changing anything - so it should be relatively easy to find.

5/ (this is the second most trickiest part - getting into the BIOS is always newbies 1st most tricky part). 

Select "Boot Options", and Finally...here it is

6/  Select "Legacay Boot Mode" ...

7/ Lastly, select "Enable"

8/ Exit while Saving changes, most always it is selecting F10.

and Good Luck!

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

i have same problem when press switch on laptop screen showing blank after few mintue i get some issue like an opreting system reinstall or etc i tried many times i checkd hard drive an other laptop its working but when i found in bios there is not show. 

HP Recommended

after reseating the hdd , i run the hard disk tesk and fails with error "hard disk not exist" i dont know why formating the hard drive is destroying the hdd.. i just wanna to install win7 on clean hdd and now i dont have disk or particles ..

HP Recommended

Hi @medomali45 

Thank you for your query.

I understand that after reseating the hard drive when you tried to run a diagnostic test you received the message  fails with error "hard disk not exist.

The test could not find the hard drive to run the test.

When you check the bios does it list the hard drive?

Have you ensured all your connections are secure?

If you install the hard drive in a different computer it is recognized?

If it is also not recognized in a second computer the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.