12-11-2011 08:28 PM
I'm unable to do a BIOS upgrade on my Pavillion dv3510nr laptop due to the msg "Insydeflash cannot load the driver". I'm logged in as administrator too. How can I resolve this issue?
12-12-2011 02:14 PM - edited 12-12-2011 02:15 PM
Perform a clean boot, try flashing while clean booted.
To Boot Clean in Windows 7 and Vista
Accessing the System Configuration Utility
A. Click Start type msconfig in the search box and press Enter
Configure Selective Startup options
1. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
2. Uncheck Load Startup Items
3. Select the Services tab
4. Check Hide all Microsoft services (very inportant you hide Microsoft Services)
5. Click Disable all
6. Click on OK
7. Click Restart.
After performing the bios update, restore your system to normal boot by doing the following:
1. Click Start type msconfig in the search box and press Enter
2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
3. Click Ok
4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer