Question

Top Student
tobi92
Message 1 of 8 (1,623 Views)

"Simple-Pass" Fingerprint Reader failure ONLY at facebook.com

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am new to this board and I hope, that anyone can help me. Between Tuesday and Sunday the unexplainable problem accured, that I cannot run the fingerprint application "simple pass" with firefox at www.facebook.com.

Due to comfort and safety, I use the app at this website and some other mailing services.

After "pulling" my finger over the scanner/reader the "ok" sound appears, but I will not be logged into facebook - I am get this message:

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2616/p5nhij5gjpg.htm

Translation:

A password with an high level of safety avoids unauthorized access to your account. Set a new password or click on generate ("erstellen") to generate a new password automatically.

The application works STILL with all other password secures services I use, but with facebook. The setting of www.facebook.com is still in the password manager, but also little changes within the url like de-de.facebbok.com or facebook.com/login/... do not help - I get also the mentioned message.

This happens allthough I have the same secure password since bevor I had my HP notebook! After signing in the old fashioned manually way, I log out and when I am trying simple pass again it still does not work.

But why does the problem only appear on one website?

Does Simple Pass just fix on th panel "New (Neues) Password" on the facebook homepage? Has this panel been there on Tuesaday when everything was still working?

How do I solve this problem?

Having this app/function but be not able to use it on facebook is just annoying.
Thanks for your attention and your help.
Top Student
tobi92
Message 2 of 8 (1,587 Views)

Re: "Simple-Pass" Fingerprint Reader failure ONLY at facebook.com

does really nobody have a clue ???? please help...is there no Simple Pass expert out there?

Honor Student
ValerieS
Message 3 of 8 (1,559 Views)

same problem here...no one has seemed to find the answer :smileysad: I will post if i find a way to solve this/

Top Student
tobi92
Message 4 of 8 (1,554 Views)

Hey,

nice to be not the only one having this issue. Did you try to reinstall Simple Pass? Or even system recovery? In my case it worked perfecly until I did not use my laptop for 5 days. Maybe facebook changed configs like source codes or something. I will ask them but I think they are not into the function of Simple Pass.

Honor Student
ValerieS
Message 5 of 8 (1,476 Views)

I can't even figure how to download it. I tried to download SimplePass 2011 and it wouldnt load, something about reader error. :\

Top Student
tobi92
Message 6 of 8 (1,466 Views)

I just downloaded this one: http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/bioexcess/HPSimPlePass7.0.74.0.zip

It is a new version by egistec - but it does not work with Firefox 6 - i am waiting for an update

Student
Keithmoon74
Message 7 of 8 (1,071 Views)

Hi there, i don't know if you have tried this already, but i was having the same problem and this fixed it for me. I opened up the simple pass thing on my computer. start>all programs>security and protection>simple pass. It shows the icons that you have set up for simplepass, mine showed facebook, but still wouldn't work, i right clicked the facebook icon in the simple pass screen and it brought up the settings, i made sure the username and password were correct and realized that for some reason the "enable website log in" was not checked. I checked that and now it works. Also if you do not see the facebook icon when you open simple pass you can add it by clicking the "+" button next to "view all." hope this helps. I am using simple pass 1012, i don't know if that makes a difference. 

Student
Vnayak_Somany
Message 8 of 8 (906 Views)

Thanks Keithmoon74 , it did worked for me!
:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation