Product number: xh103ua

My program hung up on a program then I turned it off

When I turned it back on I got an error message "no hard drive found"

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 2 (1,480 Views)

Re: "no hard drive found"

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps given below might resolve your issue.

1) Disconnect power & Battery from the unit hold the power button for 30 seconds then try to if it works fine.

2) Once unit is powered on keep tapping F10 Key this will take you Bios page go to diagnostics check if the Hard drive is detected. If Yes please run the Test and see the Status.

3) If Hard drive is not getting detected then please reseat the Hard drive off the unit by removing the back panel of the unit and check in Bios again if Hard drive is detected and working correctly.

If unit is still not detecting the Hard drive this case you need to repalce the Hard drive 

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.

If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards,

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation