Question

Grad Student
niloc
Message 1 of 8 (10,499 Views)

recover webpage and freeze ups

[ Edited ]

Pavilion DV SERIES 7   windows  home premium  64 bit 

Hi I am running the latest edition of IE  9    and for a while now   my web  sites keep closing down then I get  the recovering website message sometimes  it freezes completely , I have followed the steps re freezing and performed all the checks  satisfactorily  but still happens , so I was wondering if it could be my router how can I check to see if its my router or my PC  cheers

well Ive  proved that its not my router as Ive had a second wireless lap top running  this afternoon and that didnt keep freezing or needing to be recoved  while this one did

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 8 (10,484 Views)

Re: recover webpage and freeze ups

Grad Student
niloc
Message 3 of 8 (10,472 Views)

Right  performed the IE9 reset  after a lot of  hasstle  every time I typed IE in the start box "bear share" kept loading   so I tried to uninstall it  and kept getting a message " bearshare still open or in memory"  it wasnt open and what still in memory is I just dont know,  any way  I let it open under bearshare in the browseer and went to tools and performed the reset,  there seems to be an improvement but not 100%

Tutor
Yamarove
Message 4 of 8 (10,470 Views)

Hi, 1. You can verify whether there 'bear share' service is running, with the help of Task Manager. a. Right click on the task bar and open the Task Manager. b. Investigate the processes. Right click and end the process if it is running. c. Also check the services. 2. Remove Addons To permanently disable add-ons in Internet Explorer Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons. Under Show, click All add-ons. Click the add-on you want to disable, and then click Disable. Please be advised that the reset will not remove the addons. 3. If freezing occur when you open pages that contain Flash Player content, please upgrade the Flash Player ActiveX. Thank you!
Posted from Facebook
Grad Student
niloc
Message 5 of 8 (10,464 Views)

finally uninstalled bear share today, when I booted up today, and went to control panel it was still there saying wait untill uninstall has fineshed  ! that was from yesterday,  my PCs worse than ever today every 30secs it loses IE  and I have to wait windows searches for a solution ,  NEVER DOES,  it s most annoying on the likes of facebook and here cause it asks me to log in again,   checked my addons as you said theres only a couple google search help and bing       its doing me head in

Grad Student
niloc
Message 6 of 8 (10,456 Views)

and now the top of my task manager box is missing!!! you know the bit thats got the prossesor info and X button for closing it

Grad Student
niloc
Message 7 of 8 (10,381 Views)

After all the freeze ups and   IE  is not responding  and thinking  there might be something wrong with my router and PC my daughter asked if I had tried a different browser,  so I downloaded " Google " crome  and low and behold, it works  no more freezes, or loosing my internet connection,  so whats that   all about, allthough there are a couple of niggles with Google crome, I  am pleased with it so far, fingers crossed,  question now is it advisible to uninstall  IE or leave well alone?

Tutor
Yamarove
Message 8 of 8 (9,535 Views)

After a long time. If you experience this next time, make sure of two things.

1. Your OS is protected from malware. 

2. Reset Internet Explore

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings-in-Internet-Explorer-9

3. Uninstall and reinstall IE. Which is quite simple. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

If task manager itself is disabled, there could be a malware problem. In that case, you could also do a system restore.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation