Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

yes cloud i'm using a logitech keyboard and mouse to navigate and don't forget that windows still won't start up properly and i have to press ctrl+alt+a random key in order to make it go through.

As far as device manager goes, the only problem is that the Network Controller is missing or something and the Quallcom Atheros device for wifi is missing also. I have downloaded and installed all of whats required of the hp laptop i'm fixing on and somethings work and somethings don't work.

Network Controller-PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&CC_0280

Standard PS/2 Keyboard-ACPI\PNP0303
*PNP0303

Edit:the standard keyboard says its "working properly" but its not working also the samething with the mousepad device (which i forgot what the name of).

HP Recommended

Based on this, it looks like that is your wifi card.

Try this driver for the wifi card.

I have not forgotten the other issues as I am looking into them as I get a chance.  However, knowing the original issue that triggered the need for a recovery may help explain some of the issues you are experiencing.

When you press Alt+Ctrl+<random key>, are you getting a prompt to do this or did you just happen across this combination that gets you into Windows?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i'm trying out what you just sent me cloud just a minute.

Update:it still did not work cloud. i just don't know at this point and yes i use ctrl+alt+random key to get through to windows and no command prompt shows up

Alright cloud here is the jist of it, about two weeks ago my brother turned on his laptop and the blue screen popped and then he turned it off and turned it back on but this time windows was slow to load. He tried it again, the computer was slow to load but he got to the log in screen but he could not log in. 

So i did a system restore point and that did not work I also did a full system restore and that did not work. So then my brother called HP technical support (which was a mistake) and they could not come up with a solution then he ordered the recovery disc from this site and those did not work hence i found this board out and i've been more successful with doing the workaround then technical support and the initial recovery disc but my brother wasted $117.

Thats the story cloud and i would like for you or anyone to help me because im so close to having this work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b017cl (windows 😎 which i bought in 2012. One day, the hard drive crashed so I order a new hard drive and then a recovery drive from HP. 

The recovery fails and gives me the "p2pp burnboot check" error. I read your answers to change the BIOS date, which i did, but still no luck.

How can i install a softpaq when my system is not working. 

Anything else that i can do in order to make it work.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance

@Cloud_Strider wrote:

I understand you are receiving a burnboot check error when performing a recovery.

There are many causes behind the burnboot error and a corrupted recovery partition (various ways this can happen) is one of them.  I would wait and see what happens with the factory recovery disks since they were on their way already.

Power the system on and press F2 to run a start-up test to test the memory and HDD.

What is the product number?

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number.

C2K03UA#ABA

HP Recommended
 I did a quick memory test and it passed. I didnt do the extensive memory test.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am getting the below error when I try to restore to factory settings. 

P2PP BurnBoot Check Failed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible Causes:
1. Yellow-Bang occured at Device Manager
2. Some silent-install failure of applications
3. Found failed at PININST_BBV
4. Found failed at PININST_BBV2
5. Found Memory Dump file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details of my Laptop:

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b017cl

Product Number: C2K03UA#ABA

I bought this system in 2012. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also have the same problem. Are you saying that we need to change the  "System Date" in the BIOS to 2012?  I bought the laptop in 2012.

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b017cl

Product Number: C2K03UA#ABA

Error :  P2PP BurnBoot Check Failed 

Please help!!

HP Recommended

If there would be a way to copy the report and put it on my flash Drive to use on a different Computer so I could send it to you then I would hope to get a way to get some help on how I could get my computer fixed and for it to run properly.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ-57. The report is saying something about p2pp burnboot check failed. Tried the BIOS reset to default and tried numereous times at doing the system recoverywith the discs that was sent to me, nothing has worked. Is there any other suggestions  that you could give me to where I could get my system recovered? Please email me if you have any other suggestions. Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hi, Where do I find the document that shows this update??

HP Recommended

Hi plss help ..my laptop restoration incomplete when I try to retry the recovery it said insert recovery media then when I put recovery disk this message still appear didnt do anything I tried all the ways f2 and esc nothing to do how can I retry the recovery or open the windows pls

thx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.