Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product ID : B6D37AV
HP Recommended
After changing the DATE n BIOS ..iam getting ChkErrBB.CMD : Detect some error during PININST_BBV. this error
HP Recommended

Reviewing the list of the products, I didn't see the Ultrabook 4t model on the affected devices.  However, the Ultrabook 4 is listed and it's possible this unit is lumped into that general category.

If it is related, you could contact HP to have a set of recovery disks sent that doesn't have the issue with a date in the document.

According to message 3 (and others) int he thread, you should be able to skip those error boxes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/Recovery-Manager-...

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i'm having the same problem

pavillion dv6-6c29wm

so do i change the date on the bios to 2012?

it was purchased in 2011

Update: OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and yes i do have the recovery disk and i've tried the 2012 trick and it did not work so I put the date on the bios to 2011. another thing is, i have to press control+alt+delete to move the screen alone to the recovery phases. does that have something to do with it also?

HP Recommended

@greatligos,

If your unit was purchased in 2011, then it is the same problem but with a different cause.  Changing the date should not affect the issue.

Is the recovery being performed by F11 from the HDD or from a set of recovery disks?  If it is from disks, are these the disks from HP or the ones made from the system?

Since it came with Windows 7, then using a workaround may be a better option.  This is provided that the hardware tests (turn the system on and press F2 about once a second) have been ran to confirm there is no hardware issue.

The following steps are permitted provided the Windows 7 product key on the underside is still legible.  Review this thread on Microsoft's forums to make a Windows 7 disk.  Once the disk is completed, boot from it to install Windows 7.  You should see two partitions: one being around 30GB or less.  Do not install Windows 7 to this partition.  Use the product key on the underside of the notebook to activate Windows. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

yes i'm using the recovery disk (to be honest this is my brothers laptop) that my brother ordered from hp and it came with 4 disc. also i'm doing the primary hard disk test and the quick test passed and the full test is at 95% complete.

I'm downloading the windows 7 iso just in case there is no solution with the recovery disc

HP Recommended

Let me know how the hard drive test turns out.  I'll keep an eye out for the post.  🙂

Signature
HP Recommended

it all passed but i just shut off the laptop because i'm getting ticked off 

HP Recommended

HP systems have not come with recovery disks for quite some time now.  Are they labeled as officially HP disks?  It seems strange that it actually came with them. 

In any case, that does indicate that the hard drive is not at fault.  When the recovery manager loads, is the wifi on or off (amber light on F12 or white light)?  If it is disabled, then that could trigger this error message. 

Otherwise, you might try the workaround instead.  If you do use the workaround, the software can be found here.

Signature
HP Recommended

like i said before my brother ordered the disk of the link you provided so yes they are the official hp recovery disc and it did not come with his laptop. 

the wifi light is amber when the recovery is going on but near the end of the recovery the light turns white but all hope is lost at the end when i get the "recovery has failed" message.

so yes i might do the workaround instead

Update:i made the window 7 disc and and i'm able to get to the windows installation screen but what do i chose?

do i choose

1.Update Install 

or

2.Custom (Advanced)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.