Question

Honor Student
nchurricane007
Message 1 of 2 (348 Views)

signal out of range

when i boot up i get a message that says signal out of range..I have deleted the video drivers and reinstalled them to no evail.This started when my son updated my bios(without me knowing) im looking for the original bios drivers(factory installed)and hoping this will fix it.I have tried everything i know of and im still getting this message.I cant get into the bios either,this message stays on the screen untill windows is fully loaded...any suggestions?
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (339 Views)

Re: signal out of range

Usually a 'signal out of range' message is a screen resolution problem, not sure why it would appear at the HP logo screen where you enter BIOS though. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to change screen resolution?

Your post is a bit confusing since you say the error stays on screen until Windows is fully loaded.Are you saying that it goes away after Windows is loaded?

Is this a laptop or desktop? What OS are you running?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation