Question

Top Student
yassie23
Message 1 of 9 (444 Views)
Accepted Solution

sim card slot and bluetooth conectivity.

Hi!

I have a HP Pavilion g4-1104dx notebook pc.When I bought it in the states they said it had bluetooth and a sim card slot. But I don't seem to find either of them. Ihave tried to research it but to no avail.  Can some one please help!!!

Thanks!!!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 9 (419 Views)

Re: sim card slot and bluetooth conectivity.

Hi,

Can't find out a full specs of your machine but:

1. SIM card: normally it sits in a small slot under the battery. You need WWAN card to use the SIM card.

2. Bluetooth, you can check under Processes in Task Manager or from Control Panel.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
yassie23
Message 3 of 9 (416 Views)

Thanks!!! Isn't there supposed to be a bluetooth icon? I can see bluetooth under devices and Could you please give me the steps to follow t .If I have made any mistakes please let me know as I cannot see what I am writing since the are is all black. Thanks
Top Student
yassie23
Message 4 of 9 (414 Views)

Thanks BH!

I would really appreciate it if you could give me the steps. There is no bluetooth Icon on the control panel. But if I go to services the bluetooth is there. I am not too familiar with windows 7 but I have read the manual and I still cannot figure it out. As for the sim card. I do not see a slot in there. What  does it look like and where do I get a WWAN card? My hp is HP PAVILION 4G-1104dx.

If you could please help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks once again for all your help and your prompt reply.

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 9 (410 Views)

Hi,

Can you see this from Task Manager ?

btx.png

If YES, is it running ? If NO you can right click and start it.

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
yassie23
Message 6 of 9 (409 Views)

Hi !

Thanks for your help!!! I went to task manager and right clicked on bthserv to start service but I got a message 'The operation could not be completed. Access is denied.' Why is that?

Thanks once again for all your help and support!!!

Take Care!!

Provost
banhien
Message 7 of 9 (405 Views)

Hi,

You need Admin rights to do this. Try different way:

• Click Start
  • Type services.msc and press enter in the Search box, it may ask for Admin password
  • Locate the BT service and start it, also keep is starts automatically.
  • Click OK/Apply to get out.

Regards.

BH
Top Student
yassie23
Message 8 of 9 (396 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. Did that but still no bluetooth Icon. So I guess I do not have the inbuilt bluetooth. Thanks for all your help once again.

Top Student
yassie23
Message 9 of 9 (353 Views)

Hi BH,

Thanks but there are no results. I would like this oportunity to thank you for all your help in trying to help me fix the problem. Take care !! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation