Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I also don't see anything that has solved this issue. Where are the updated drivers so the simplepass can work with Win10

HP Recommended

Where is the new code for Simplepass for Windows 8 and 10?   HP hasn't updated any software or drivers to work with Windows 10 with older machines like the 8760W. 

I guess we are all expected to stay on Windows 7 forever? 

I won't ever buy an HP product again. 

HP Recommended

Check the HP Support Assistant. I'm downloading the simple pass update and their is another fingerprint update available. I'm running Win 10 so we shall see if this works.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (25).png

HP Recommended

Ok so the HP support Assistant kept on giving me errors so I scoured through the forums and found this site and found this:

Validity Sensor Driver Information

Make sure you check the version of Windows that you are using and the laptop as well. This directly allowed me to dowload the driver without the HP Support Assistant program.  It's working for now. Will post if this starts acting buggy. 

Got my info from Dragon-Fur off the forums.  Here's a link and just search for the user name Dragon-Fur. Where I found the above link for the driver 

HP Recommended

Everytime I try downloading the latest version of Simplepass sp71729.exe- after it looks like it has completed the download of 92.1MB's- it says "Failed- Network error"!!!!! I was lucky to be able to download it 2 months ago,  so I tried installing it again and I still get the prompt AppHelp  dialogue canceled thus preventing the application from starting...... I thought maybe trying to download it again would make it work, but no luck any way I try! This is real frustrating, to say the least.

HP Recommended

My simple pass was working with windows 10 until 9/21/2015. I downloaded the new release, but it gets an app error that terminates the installation

HP Recommended

There is a known issue of Simple Pass not working with the fingerprint reader after upgrading to Windows 10.

When customers try to install the HP SimplePass software, the following error message displays on the screen:

App Help dialog cancelled thus preventing the app from starting C:\swsetup\sp71729\x64\HP SimplePass. msi

Try the following steps and see if this fixes the issue with HP Simple Pass:
1. Navigate to Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
2. Select View installed updates. Uninstall the following updates:
-Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB3081444)
-Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3074678)
-Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3074686)
-Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3087916) 
3. Restart the notebook. (Vital step in this process!)
4. Install the HP SimplePass software.
5. Set up the fingerprint reader to test that the software is working correctly.
6. Reinstall the Windows updates listed above.

HP employee
HP Recommended
That does not work and is in fact just a copied and pasted non working answer from over two months ago.

You should not have to uninstall critical updates to make the installer work anyway (even then it does not solve anything)
HP Recommended

How do I install the Simple Pass program if it is already installed? Also, if I uninstall it to reinstall it, then where do I download the program so I can reinstall it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.