Question

Top Student
acarmin
Message 1 of 12 (5,233 Views)
Accepted Solution

simplepass 2013

I recently bought an HP ENVY 15t j000 quad edition laptop.  I was using the HP Simplepass and everything was working fine, but then it wouldn't work for the windows logon anymore.  I tried messing with the settings and then it wouldn't even allow me to re-enable windows logon via fingerprint.  I uninstalled HP Simplepass thinking that it would be easy to reinstall, but now that is giving me issues.  How can I get the version of HP Simplepass that came with my laptop reinstalled and working properly again?

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 2 of 12 (5,226 Views)

Re: simplepass 2013

Hello, so if you re-installed it did you download 2011?

If you want the original version that is came with the PC, you can run Recovery Manager from the OS and then select - Install Drivers and Apps - the look for the SimplePass SW.

Here is the link on the support page - it is for Simplepass 2011

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-117897-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Top Student
acarmin
Message 3 of 12 (5,221 Views)

Thank you.  That did solve the issue of getting the right program back on.  However, when it was installed it had the same issue as before.  Here is a picture of what I cannot get fixed.  It will no longer allow me to use HP SimplePass for windows logonSimplePass.png

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 4 of 12 (5,219 Views)

THanks for the feedback,

Have you tried going into program and setting up the PW again.

Please follow steps 1 - 5

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03653209&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Setting up SimplePass

You enroll your fingerprints by scanning each finger several times so SimplePass can capture a consistent image of your finger. After enrolling one fingerprint, SimplePass prompts you to set up your Windows log on.
Follow the steps below:
  1. At the Windows 8 Start screen, type HP SimplePass . In the search results, click HP SimplePass to open the program.
    Figure 1: HP SimplePass
     HP SimplePass
  2. Click the finger you want to enroll. A blue circle displays on the fingertip.
    Figure 2: Enrolling a finger
    Enrolling a finger
  3. Swipe the selected finger over the sensor. Follow the instructions on the screen, continuing to swipe as requested.
  4. To use SimplePass to log on to Windows, click Set Up Windows Log On in the successful enrollment message.
    NOTE:To disable Windows log on, navigate to Windows Control Panel and search for Biometric Devices . Select Change Biometric Settings .
    Figure 3: Setting up your Windows log on
    Setting up your Windows Log On
  5. Type your Windows password, and then click OK .
    Figure 4: Typing your Windows password
    Typing your Windows password
  6. Click OKto finish setting up HP SimplePass.
    Figure 5: Finishing Setup
    Finishing Setup
I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Top Student
acarmin
Message 5 of 12 (5,210 Views)

Well while that appears to be the only thing that I should need to do, HP SimplePass is not recognizing my windows logon.  It keeps saying that the password is wrong when I know that it isn't.  That is to say that the password I am supposed to enter is the one which I use to logon to my laptop correct?

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 6 of 12 (5,203 Views)

login.jpgOk,

Please try this, click on the ICON shown and setup theWindows Login account.. see if it will let you setup a Login PW

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
acarmin
Message 7 of 12 (5,194 Views)

When I try doing that it says "the windows logon password you entered does not match.  Please try again."  Every time I run HP SimplePass since I reinstalled it, it asks for me to either scan my finger to verify my identity or enter my windows logon before I can actually use the program.  I can choose to enter my windows logon and it works, but then when I try doing what you just suggested, it says that the passwords don't match, but I entered the same password.  I'm really not sure why it isn't working.

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 8 of 12 (5,187 Views)

Hello,

it is definitely very strange, You can try to do a Windows Reset and keep all your files,

Here are the instructions on how to perform this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03546603&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Please let me know if this works, or if you rather try othr methods.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
acarmin
Message 9 of 12 (5,178 Views)

Well, I may eventually transfer files and usage data onto an external harddrive so I can restore my files after restoring my laptop to its factory conditions, but for now, I will accept that the correct program is back on my computer and everything works except using the fingerprint scanner to logon to windows.  Thanks for your help

Student
ccopen
Message 10 of 12 (1,970 Views)

I'm having the same problem. I know that the password is correct, but I continue to get the same error message.

I'd prefer not to do a Windows Resest. Any luck in resolving the problem without doing this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation