02-23-2013 08:27 PM
Have you done/changed your account on this computer recently ? Please try the following steps using Files Explorer (old Windows Explorer):
- Locate c:/users/ and select the directory with your account name.
- Right-click and select properties.
- Click the Security tab and edit your permissions for your files in this directory to Modify and Read & execute.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
02-25-2013 09:19 AM
@AW0903, I see that you're having an issue downloading files from IE 10. This could be an issue with the protected mode that doesn't bring much if it so protected that it harms usability. In that case people will simple disable it starts working albeit unprotected.
Follow these steps:
Select Security and uncheck Enable Protected Mode
Close and start IE10.
Let me know if this resolves the issue.
02-25-2013 01:17 PM - edited 02-25-2013 01:18 PM
I would suggest uninstalling IE10, then reinstalling it. Here is a document which shows you how to uninstall the program. Once you uninstall IE, restart the notebook. After you restart the notebook IE10 should reinstall by itself.
Let me know the outcome to that.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)