12-23-2012 02:30 AM
laptop: HP PAVILION G6 2005-AX
os: windows 8 pro 64 bit
i upgraded my laptop to windows 8 pro and installed all the drivers from hp website. the problem i am facing now is that multi touch gestures of trackpad like pinch zoom two finger scrolling are not working and bluetooth doesn't go off after pressing wireless button pressing wireless button changes wifi off airplane mode on and vice versa. and pls tell me that what should i do if i have to revert back to windows 7 as i have installed new bios update for 8 also
12-24-2012 09:55 PM
Hve you gone into Mouse properties in Control Panel to check the settings of the Synaptics?
The BIOS update will not prohibit you from reverting to Windows 7. If you check the description it states Windows 7 and Windows 8 HERE
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
12-24-2012 11:13 PM
i have checked synaptics touch pad settings in that multi touch gestures like pinch zoom and two finger scroll are enabled but they are not working.
06-27-2014 02:13 PM
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.
UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following
- Shut down laptop
- Remove power cable & battery
- Press power switch for 30 sec
- Attach power
- Power up laptop without battery
- Switch on wifi ---it works
- Now switch on the laptop with battery
HP quick launch describes itself as "
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)