Question

Top Student
toenut44
Message 1 of 6 (470 Views)

what is this and how do I fix this?

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (445 Views)

HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment: UEFI Support Environment provides UEFI based hardware diagnostics used to validate if a system is functioning correctly. Additional support is provided for updating and managing the system BIOS and other device firmware on the system.

You can boot the system by tapping F9 and go to UEFI environment to perform hardware diagnostics.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Grad Student
icp_wolverine
Message 3 of 6 (442 Views)
pressing F9 during startup will give you boot device options.. to get to the uefi press F2 instead.. it has a list of memory and hardware tests the you can choose from ..
Top Student
toenut44
Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)

what hardware diagnostics would i do. I dont know much about this sort of thing.  :smileyindifferent:

Grad Student
icp_wolverine
Message 5 of 6 (429 Views)
whats the issue you're having
Top Student
toenut44
Message 6 of 6 (423 Views)

I keep getting an icon on the lower right of my toolbar. It has a question mark with an !. I click on it and it says  recommended action, "HP System Diagnostics UEFI" I select it and hit apply and it does it's thing, but when it is done it still shows that this action needs to be done.

Can't seem to figure it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation