12-07-2012 07:25 AM
I want to install a different internet security software than the Norton software that came pre-loaded on my HP Pavilion g7.
This cannot be accomplished until the Norton software is removed. Uninstalling Norton from the Control Panel doesn't do the trick (I unsure if the Norton software was activated because although Norton is listed in the Control Panel, the software's file size is not listed, attempts to uninstall from here are unsuccessful but listing can be deleted).
I see a Norton Internet security software folder in Program Files (x86) and when I attempt to delete that folder a window pops-up and informs me that "folder or file is open in another program- close folder/file and try again.
And there I'm stuck. Where do I go from here? Anyone? Thank you in advance for considering my question.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-07-2012 08:30 AM
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool on the following link.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)