Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was installing Windows 7 with the disks I recieved from HP, but it was not successful. I go this instruction:

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.
  •  
    • Keyboard Filter
    I follow the instruction, but can not find keyboard filter in update device driver, and I don't know how.

I guess I need some guidance, could someone help me?

thank you~

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall HP Quick Launch Buttons from Your system.

After upgrade install this version:

HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.12.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

You need the latest HP Quick Launch software.You can uninstall Quick Launch from Control Panel, Programs & Features, do the Win 7 upgrade and get the latest from your models driver pages. Use the button at top of this page titled 'Support & Drivers' to find your drivers.

If you need more help finding the drivers,locate the Service Tag on bottom of your laptop_Check for complete model number as shown in section 1 below,and post it.P/N in section 2 also will help:

Edit, I see Daniel has provided solution for Quck Launch_.If you need more drivers use my suggestion.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you  so much~

I have uninstalled the HP Quick Launch Bottons from my system, and tried to upgrade again with the disc. Yet  It was unsuccessful again. The Vista was restored again...And what else need I do?:smileysad:

Thank you~

HP Recommended

Thank you  so much~

I have uninstalled the HP Quick Launch Bottons from my system, and tried to upgrade again with the disc. Yet  It was unsuccessful again. The Vista was restored again...And what else need I do?:smileysad:

Thank you~

HP Recommended

Are you getting any error messages or warnings now?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I don't think so.

It's been upgraded normally nearly the very end. It said something like

The upgrade was not successful and the previous version will be restored...

Then it restored

HP Recommended

Sorry then I didn't reply. I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

From Upgrading to Windows7 - HP document:

Windows 7 started upgrading, but then rolled back to Windows Vista. What do I do now?
Disconnect all connected devices other than the keyboard, mouse and monitor and try again. If it still happens, uninstall complex software such as antivirus/security and file protection management software before upgrading. Find Windows 7 compliant versions of those software programs after you have upgraded.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I get this message when I try to upgrade to windows 7 :

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to. Windows cannot complete the upgrade.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

•  
    These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)
  •  
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 
I have uninstalled it from my programs list I need to know where else it could be so I can delete it.Thanks
HP Recommended

Check the links below:

How to uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2005 manually

How to: Uninstall SQL Server Express - SQL Server 2005

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.