validity sensor missing in device manager, won't install (95 Views)
Honor Student
jsn54
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

validity sensor missing in device manager, won't install

I got a new HP 15-j000 quad edition laptop for christmas and the fingerprint reader was working perfectly fine with HP SimplePass, but after I upgrade to windows 8.1, it seems to have stopped working. I have tried searching forums for help and have tried many things including upgrading HP SimplePass, uninstalling and reinstalling the validity sensor driver, and hard resetting. After all of this, my fingerprint reader still doesn't work and the validity sensor is now missing from the device manager. Each time i try to install the correct driver, it says 22 seconds remaining and then disappears. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HP
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: validity sensor missing in device manager, won't install

Hi jsn54:

Thank you for your post.  I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that you updated to Windows 8.1 and now the fingerprint reader is not functioning. Here is a link to the software and drivers page for your computer. Please select keyboard, mouse and input devices, you will find the driver there for Windows 8.1. Please download the driver and then install,when you do  it should  find the correct hardware and pair up.Have you run the "HP Support Assistant" to aid in updates and issues.  click here. For your convenience I am also including "Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8)"   click here.  Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation