12-28-2013 01:24 PM
01-09-2014 10:27 AM
Thank you for your post. I will do my best to assist you!
I understand that you updated to Windows 8.1 and now the fingerprint reader is not functioning. Here is a link to the software and drivers page for your computer. Please select keyboard, mouse and input devices, you will find the driver there for Windows 8.1. Please download the driver and then install,when you do it should find the correct hardware and pair up.Have you run the "HP Support Assistant" to aid in updates and issues. click here. For your convenience I am also including "Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8)" click here. Please let me know the results.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)