Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello world!
validity fingerprint sensor (wbf) vfs301 works fine in this bunch of hplite32_build_ 6.0.100.252 + http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56957.exe (driver version 4.3.304.0 under vindovs7) but when http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe (driver version 4.4.234.00 under vindovs8) get code 10 device cannot be started.
both versions in the archive have a folder containing the driver for my wbf_301_drv equipment, with the sp58900.exe package (driver version 4.4.234.00) even sets a new validity wbf ddk, but the driver version 4.4.234.00 does not want to work.

When you put the http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56957.exe driver (version 4.3.304.0 driver), the runs even with the software of the validity of a new version of the ddk wbf 4.4.234.00, a young driver and later software.

experts, please what could be the difference of these packages sp56957.exe and sp58900.exe for the driver (wbf) vfs301.

operating system Windows 8 x 64, laptop hp pavilion dv7-3133er, Eid problematic equipment usb\vid_138a & pid_0005
Thanks in advance for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey Japonec,

From what im seeing HERE HP has no drivers for windows 8 on this model.

Looks to me this notebook isn't supported yet. 

You can go HERE and find out if they're testing the notebook or not.

Also, THIS might help you out trying to upgrade to 8. 

Now to answer your question about the drivers. 

Looks like 1 drivers is for windows 7 and the other is for 8. 

Now, one main reason this could be working with the Windows 7 driver is because it's backwards compatible. Meaning it will working for 7 and 8 for the moment.

For the windows 8 drivers, like i said above they haven't been released so where ever these drivers came from this could be giving you the issue.

Until the drivers are available on the HP website i would stick with the drivers that are working for you.

THX.

HP Recommended

All this is interesting, but ...
if (wbf) vfs301, it is in Africa (wbf) vfs301 and equipment is primarily supports the developer.
An older version of the driver (but newer than the ones on the support page of my notebook) (wbf) vfs301 works fine, no new works.
And the fact that HP offers on a page of my device, the driver 2010 model year, and this time it's not true.

It is a pity that HP does not care about the continued support of its products and does not support in the future and therefore have to look for the driver in direct developers, such as intel, NVIDIA, Realtek, and others.
And thank God that the developers of equipment and support equipment issued to its OEM partners.
And now I have a perfectly working windose 8 x64 and all the equipment, but so far HP has not tested a lot of laptops with the new OS, shame

Even tell there is a hardware ID USB \ VID_138A & PID_0005 & REV_0 <90 and it is present in the installation of the new driver information, but there is some bug that will prevent equipment with the new driver.

Your answer is fine, but seems to have to seek support from the hardware manufacturer.
OEM support from the developer.

Even tell there is a hardware ID USB \ VID_138A & PID_0005 & REV_0 <90 and it is present in the installation of the new driver information, but there is some bug that will prevent equipment with the new driver.

Your answer is fine, but seems to have to seek support from the hardware manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Yea i have seen several drivers out there for Windows 8 work with most of these notebooks. Most of them from 3rd part websites. So what ever drivers you get it's a 50/50 chance.

Again, until HP ends up testing your Notebook which im sure they will. I would stick with the drivers you have. Looks like your doing fine with what you have.

Bare with them while you can.

THX 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.