10-29-2009 08:35 AM
1. My vista on my hp pavilion dv4 1117 nr laptop wont boot in safe mode.
It goes into a blank screen with a live cursor. .in safe mode....and normal I get a blank screen and cursor no desktop
I am not sure it came with cds. How do i look that up?
I created a recovery cd, and used an vista upgrade disk from my desktop
a clicked repair ...it just keeps looking for a windows installation.
2. Also, sometimes when I plug it in the little light by the power plug does not light and I cant even get it to turn on. Is this a defect in the sodering of the power plug on the mothebord that I read about on the web?
3. Also, when i go into start-up test memory test passes then I get a #10008 replace hard drive 1rent test item
smart check smart hard disk passed ?????
10-29-2009 09:03 AM
10-29-2009 11:46 AM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)