Question

Honor Student
cyberjaniss
Message 1 of 4 (1,773 Views)

vista on my hp pavilion dv4 1117 nr laptop no desktop ...

1. My vista on my hp pavilion dv4 1117 nr laptop wont boot in safe mode.

It goes into a blank screen with a live cursor. .in safe mode....and normal I get a blank screen and cursor  no desktop

I am not sure it came with cds. How do i look that up?

I created a recovery cd, and used an vista upgrade disk from my desktop

a clicked repair ...it just keeps looking for a windows installation.

2. Also, sometimes when I plug it in the little light by the power plug does not light and I cant even get it to turn on. Is this a defect in the sodering of the power plug on the mothebord that I read about on the web?

3. Also, when i go into start-up test memory test passes then I get a #10008 replace hard drive 1rent test item

smart check smart hard disk passed ?????

Intern
bertbear50
Message 2 of 4 (1,768 Views)

Re: vista on my hp pavilion dv4 1117 nr laptop no desktop ...

If you're still getting the HP flash screen for entry into the BIOS, after power on? My guess is your hard drive has failed. The recovery cd's will only load onto a functional formatted hard drive. Upgrade disks need a working operating system already installed in order to work.
Honor Student
cyberjaniss
Message 3 of 4 (1,764 Views)

yes,

I can get into setup

there is no hard drive showing in the main menu

Intern
bertbear50
Message 4 of 4 (1,753 Views)

Okay, System BIOS not recognizing hard drive is a pretty good indicator that it has failed. You could try reseating the hard drive connection to make sure the connection is good but, likely it has gone bad and will need replacement.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation