12-27-2009 12:55 PM
I have a pavillion dv9005us. It came with preloaded Windows Vista (choke) as well as a host of HP software. Since I did not qualify for the hp windows 7 upgrade, I recently installed Windows 7 Professional that I purchased from my university employer. Windows 7 is indeed a gigantic improvement over Vista but it appears that my webcam is not operative. I have spent the entire afternoon checking help pages as well as blogs but I cannot find a solution. I have downloaded vista drivers but they don't work. Does hp not support this machine when an upgrade is performed? Seems illogical that hp does not provide a driver that would facilitate its use. Any shortcuts I missed? Thank you for any help.
12-27-2009 02:37 PM
I don't know for sure if it's work, but you might try the one for Vista?
Download the sp34746.exe file, then before you run it, right click on the file and select Compatibility, then select to run as administrator and maybe Vista SP2.
01-12-2010 09:10 PM
Uninstall all installed software which You have now for webcam.
Cyberlink YouCam here (ver 2.0.2816 for 32/64 bit Win7)
01-18-2010 06:48 PM
Nothing seems to work. I've even re-formatted and fresh installed windows 7. I am beginning to think that the web cam is inop/broken/kaput! Doesn't seem likely however; any other suggestions? Thanks, Joseph
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)