webcam inop w/windows 7 (935 Views)
Honor Student
bluegrassguitar
Message 1 of 5 (935 Views)

webcam inop w/windows 7

I have a pavillion dv9005us.  It came with preloaded Windows Vista (choke) as well as a host of HP software. Since I did not qualify for the hp windows 7 upgrade,  I recently installed Windows 7 Professional that I purchased from my university employer.  Windows 7 is indeed a gigantic improvement over Vista but it appears that my webcam is not operative.  I have spent the entire afternoon checking help pages as well as blogs but I cannot find a solution. I have downloaded vista drivers but they don't work.   Does hp not support this machine when an upgrade is performed?  Seems illogical that hp does not provide a driver that would facilitate its use.  Any shortcuts I missed?  Thank you for any help. 

Teacher
jimcpl
Message 2 of 5 (930 Views)

Re: webcam inop w/windows 7

Hi,

I don't know for sure if it's work, but you might try the one for Vista?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3253944

then here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-47244-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Download the sp34746.exe file, then before you run it, right click on the file and select Compatibility, then select to run as administrator and maybe Vista SP2.

Jim

Honor Student
bluegrassguitar
Message 3 of 5 (915 Views)

Thanks Jim,

I have completed what you suggested, to no avail. Thanks for your suggestions nonetheless.  Joseph

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

Hi,

Uninstall all installed software which You have now for webcam.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Try:

Cyberlink YouCam here (ver 2.0.2816  for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
bluegrassguitar
Message 5 of 5 (767 Views)

Hello again,

Nothing seems to work.  I've even re-formatted and fresh installed windows 7.  I am beginning to think that the web cam is inop/broken/kaput!  Doesn't seem likely however; any other suggestions?  Thanks, Joseph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation