Question

Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 1 of 13 (503 Views)

webcam not located

I have a Pavilion dv5-1002nr and my webcam is not able to be located.  I have looked for it in the control panel inthe printer / camera area and it is not listed as a device.  When I bring the camera up it will display a Cyberlink screen with no device detected.  I have downloaded the webcam driver and Vista upgrade from an internet site as well as attempted to install the new cyberlink upgrade (which will not install only says to wait).  I am not sure what else to do in order to make it work.  All of this has happened after several attempts with restarts and turning the unit off.

Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 2 of 13 (502 Views)

Re: webcam not located

There has also been no change in OS, this is a new problem.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 13 (485 Views)

Ok...Quick Check, In Device manager do you see, Webcam under Imaging Devices or if there is any unknown device is listed? and just to double checking this notebook is running on Windows vista 32-bit with SP1

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 4 of 13 (474 Views)

I went into the Control Panel and checked Camera and Scanners under Hardware and Sound.  There are no devices listed only a blank screen.  If I click add a device it only displays my current printer option, no camera.  I am running Windows Vista 32 bit.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 5 of 13 (466 Views)

Can you check in device manager? Below is screenshot of what I am looking for....it will gives us an idea, where the issue is....

Device Manager 2.PNG

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 6 of 13 (457 Views)

Imaging Devices - Webcam is not listed within device manager.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 7 of 13 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK...In that case, I would suggest, doing a power drain by disconnecting battery, AC adapter and pressing the power button for few secs... than go into BIOS and setting it to default...

It that does not help...I would suggest doing a system recovery...

Even if system recovery does not bring back the webcam, than we have a failed webcam on hand...

Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 8 of 13 (440 Views)

I wasn't sure where to find BIOS however I did a system restore back to last week when I know the webcam worked last.  Upon restore and restart the webcam is still not listed in the Device Manager and does not operate within a messenger.

Tutor
fire_rsq_diver
Message 9 of 13 (422 Views)

Is there a way that the webcam may have become "unplugged" internally?  I do get a message upon start up that a usb device is not operating properly.

Intern
Mayhemers
Message 10 of 13 (411 Views)

Having had my HP laptop recently disassembled to replace the audio board, the guy did say (iirc) there is a small cable that goes into the motherboard for the webcam on my model, so I suppose it is possible...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation