Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need the following driver but cannot seem to find it.  The HP Assistant does not seem to let one search for drivers just updates.  Please need help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Drivers for CD/DVD drives are normally provided by the OS. Software adds extra functions. What problems are you trying to solve?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Drivers for CD/DVD drives are normally provided by the OS. Software adds extra functions. What problems are you trying to solve?

When I load a CD or DVD into the drive teh laptop does not see the DVD or CD so I cannot download data or see a movie. When I run the diagnostic ot tells me that  the HP DVDRAM GU70N SATA CDROM Driver is bad.  It tries to use the data on the recovery disk of the OS but this does not fix the problem.   Hence I think I need a new driver installation file.

Any sugggestions

HP Recommended

Diagnostics tells you the Driver -or Drive is bad?

What OS are you running_Windows 7, Windows 8??

HP Recommended

dear every body, could you please send driver for my laptop dvd driver; dvdramGU70N

HP Recommended

So, is there a driver for this dvdram? Really need it, mine is not working at all!

HP Recommended

My dvd drive has a strange quirk.  Sometimes when I put DVD or CD into drive the system locks and only a hard shut down (pressing off button) and rebooting gets it working again.  This happens about 1 in 5 times with no discernable pattern so I too was looking to reinstall / update dvd drivers but cant find the either.  Have you had any luck?

HP Recommended

Try the troubleshooting steps here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

HP Recommended

My system always recognises that there is a dvd drive there so its not an error 19 corruption of registry, the computer just won't let me do anything in file explorer.  Can't use task manager to close file explorer process as that just stops everything and again have to do hard restart.

Thanks for your interest - have you got any other ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.