why does my mouse pad freeze (cursor won't move). It happened while on skype (2128 Views)
Student
Howman
Message 1 of 4 (2,128 Views)

why does my mouse pad freeze (cursor won't move). It happened while on skype

My mouse pad (cursor) will freeze up once in a while forcing me to reboot. My laptop is a HP Pavillion dm4. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (2,088 Views)

Re: why does my mouse pad freeze (cursor won't move). It happened while on skype

Hi,

Can you post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
milesrf
Message 3 of 4 (2,082 Views)

Re: why does my mouse pad freeze (cursor won't move). It happened while on skype

Some laptops have a small button near the mouse pad for turning it off to save power.  If your laptop does, try pushing that button again to turn it back on.

Honor Student
mamus
Message 4 of 4 (865 Views)

Hello, I format my home vista to window 7 but since I have done that I do have problem with my cursor moving most of the time. How can I solve it or window 7 is not compable with my laptop?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation