Question

Honor Student
cbauersemail
Message 1 of 9 (3,248 Views)

why is my hp pavillion g7 making a clicking noise while i'm using it?

any answers?

Teacher
Kundal
Message 2 of 9 (3,216 Views)

Re: why is my hp pavillion g7 making a clicking noise while i'm using it?

are you getting the clicking noise from the notebook when you are using internet explorer?

if so, its normal, it gives click sound when it connects to the internet server for something...

if not, contact hp technical support @ 1 800 474 6836.

you have a warrenty on the notebook, might need to take the notebook for service

* If the information was helpful, click on the kudos button

Reply For Any More Issues, Will reply as soon as possible
TECH GUY
Honor Student
cbauersemail
Message 3 of 9 (3,209 Views)

Well not Internet Explorer but Google Chrome (chrome.exe*32 in task manager).....would that effect it the same? it's a random, sporatic click that comes from underneath the top of the keyboard (above the numbers somewhere near the middle). I checked out my applications in task manager to see if anything is using alot of energy....and Google Chrome is the highest around 95-98k under "memory". The hightest memory WAS the touch mouse on the laptop until I started using a wireless mouse via usb. I like to keep 4 pages on google chrome open at a time, could cutting it back help or should I just get used to the click. Thanks in advance by the way!

Teacher
Kundal
Message 4 of 9 (3,207 Views)

wooow....

you checked so many things...

well, yes, chrome can also make this kind of sound.

can you check one thing, power on your laptop once, and keep the laptop like that, do not open any application and see if you can hear any such sound.

if no sound, surely its the browsers sound, else i'll tell you some more thing

* If the information was helpful, click on the kudos button

Reply For Any More Issues, Will reply as soon as possible
TECH GUY
Honor Student
J88net
Message 5 of 9 (3,118 Views)

I just bought a g7 2 days ago and it is making a clicking noise in the left hand corner of the keyboard section. I am wondering if I should just return it? I tried closing browser and it still does it. I am concerned that in the future something is going to burn out or break and I will be stuck.

Honor Student
J88net
Message 6 of 9 (3,113 Views)

Hello I am having the exact same issue and do no have google chrome and have waited and not opened the browser. It takes about 2 minutes to start t he clicking and then it is not constant but the cick does not sound good. I have read up and a lot of people have the same problem with the g7. I may return mine. I have only had it for 2 days

Honor Student
Nexius113
Message 7 of 9 (3,010 Views)

wanted to report that this is also a situation i'm having as well.  i wish more information was available for it. is it possible to get a clear confirmation that this noise may just be normal?

Honor Student
J88net
Message 8 of 9 (3,003 Views)

I did find out it is a noisy hard drive. It is not supposed to sound like that and it annoyed the heck out of me. I bought mine at PCRichards and called to tell them about it. They said "well bring it in we can send it out." I said "uh no it is brand new I am returning it.

It was a pain because I alrady had things on it. He assured me it just went back to Hewlitt Packard and they wipe them clean.  I had him open a new one up at the store and we plugged it in and it is quiet.  He said he had never  heard of that problem. I have seen a lot of posts about it though.

Anyway it is the hard drive. I am not sure if it will shorten the life of your computer or anything but I did return mine and did get a quiet model.

Honor Student
Nexius113
Message 9 of 9 (2,979 Views)

Agreed.  Returned it for a replacement of the same model to test and it was indeed a faulty model.  This one is working perfectly. Recomend anyone else having the same issue to do the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation