Question

Honor Student
will66
Message 1 of 6 (4,276 Views)

why won't my laptop connect to Windows All-user Install Agent Service on start up?

When starting up the laptop I can't sign in on the first screen due to an error message. I then get the sign on screen again and sign on. When I open windows desktop, I get the error that I cannot connect to Windows All-user Install Agent Service which prevents standard users from signing on. I then cannot install any software or open Windows Live Mail. I have tried a hard reset but get the same problem.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (4,266 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to Windows All-user Install Agent Service on start up?

Hi,

Please try the following instructions:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/probems-with-windows-all-user...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
will66
Message 3 of 6 (4,262 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to Windows All-user Install Agent Service on start up?

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. The forced shutdown DOES NOT WORK. I had to restore the system which worked until today. So I have the same problem again. I have done another system restore which has worked. But this does not solve the problem. It has happened twice and will probably happen again. This must be a problem with Windows 8. Is something being done to correct this fault?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (4,260 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried the next part:

"If that doesn't work or isn't an option, try running the system file checking tool by searching for "cmd.exe" and in the results, right click the item and select Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt type the following and press enter: sfc /scannow

After the scan is complete it will say if corrupt files were found or not and if they were repaired. If files were repaired, check if the problem persists. If files were found but not repaired, let us know."

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
will66
Message 5 of 6 (4,245 Views)

I hate to admit it, but I can't locate the system file checking tool. How do I access it?

Honor Student
will66
Message 6 of 6 (4,237 Views)

I found the info I needed on the internet and have started the file checking process. Will report findings later. Thanks for your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation