Question

Student
mono1
Message 1 of 2 (5,322 Views)

windows 7 presario cq56 laptop factory reset help + dead battery but no spare one

hello i own a compaq presario laptop i'd like to reset it to its factory settings i need help with this since i did not get a windows cd included when i bought the laptop. i googled how to reset your laptop, most of them told to press f8 and you could do it (boot screen) but it told me to insert the windows disk wich i do not have because it was pre-installed. i also have a dead battery wich says on the side that if dead or not useable i should inset the spare battery i also did not get this included when i bough the laptop. could someone tell me what i have to do from this point?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (5,311 Views)

Re: windows 7 presario cq56 laptop factory reset help + dead battery but no spare one

Hi,

Please use the following instructions:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01867418

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation