08-15-2013 03:28 PM
hello i own a compaq presario laptop i'd like to reset it to its factory settings i need help with this since i did not get a windows cd included when i bought the laptop. i googled how to reset your laptop, most of them told to press f8 and you could do it (boot screen) but it told me to insert the windows disk wich i do not have because it was pre-installed. i also have a dead battery wich says on the side that if dead or not useable i should inset the spare battery i also did not get this included when i bough the laptop. could someone tell me what i have to do from this point?
08-15-2013 04:22 PM
Please use the following instructions:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)