windows 7 usb drivers (5329 Views)
Student
PepperJack86
Message 1 of 3 (5,329 Views)

windows 7 usb drivers

[ Edited ]

hi guys, i'm sorry if i'm doing anything wrong by posting this but i'm at my wits end. i had a problem with my usb drivers so i uninstalled them not knowing that it's near impossible to reinstall them and made the problem worse, now my laptop won't read any usb devices.

all i wanna do is reinstall the drivers but of course the HP website has drivers for everything except usb. i emailed the unhelpful customer services for nothing more than a link to the drivers and they replied with a long winded explaination about how they can't answer my question because my laptop is out of warranty, i could understand if i was asking them to repair my laptop but all i need is the drivers lol

does anyone know where i can just download a usb driver pack for a HP Pavilion dv7-1103ea Entertainment Notebook PC with 32bit windows 7 ultimate?

thanks a lot guys, i appreciate any help i might get here, i''ve truely had enough of HP and just wanna get this overwith so i don't have to deal with them anymore. thanks again

edit: i tried the device manager and everything and it just refuses to find any updates online, also driver genius claims that all my drivers are upto date and won't let me install any usb drivers

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (5,303 Views)

Re: windows 7 usb drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I believe most likely the only way you are going to get your USB drivers back is to reinstall the operating system. Hopefully you have the W7 upgrade disk you purchased when W7 came out last year, or a recovery partition if your notebook came with Windows 7.

The only other way I can think of to get the USB drivers to work again without reinstalling the entire OS, is to reinstall the chipset drivers for your notebook. Now here is the problem. You need to know if you have the Intel chipset (if you have an Intel processor), or an AMD chipset if you have the Turion processor.  You may be able to download the chipset drivers for your notebook directly from either Intel's or AMD's websites.

Here is the service manual for your PC. Please review page 1 and 2 of the Product Specs so you can see what I am writing about.  For the AMD processor, you need to know if your have the M770 Northbridge or the M780G Northbridge so you can get the right chipset driver. You can tell that by what graphics adapter you have it seems. (Radeon HD 3450 or HD3200).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01918142.pdf

AMD's support site:  I can't find a chipset driver...

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=&contentType=Tech+Download+Pro...

Intel: 

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=subhdr+downloads

I don't see a chipset driver for that one either...

There are no USB driver downloads, per se. They would most likely be part of the chipset driver.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Student
rabbaniyyen
Message 3 of 3 (1,056 Views)

Re: windows 7 usb drivers

windows 7 usb drivers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation