Question

Student
lolhelpmepls
Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

windows 8.1 has ruined my fingerprint login

sorry, idk if this is in the right place but since i updated my laptop's software to windows 8.1, my HP simplepass to login to my desktop has stopped working. I went into my account> sign in options> and tried to enable fingerprint authorisation but the button to "add" it as an option was grey and i could not click on it?? 

how do i get it to work? It is so annoying being unable to log in quickly.

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: windows 8.1 has ruined my fingerprint login

[ Edited ]

lolhelpmelps 

uninstall SimplePass reboot

deactivate Virusscanner for installing

Install the new SimplePass Windows 8.1

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63474.exe

For Windows 8.1 you must update the BIOS and Chipset driver

Please Post your System Name

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Honor Student
ForcedToUseHP
Message 3 of 3 (323 Views)

Re: windows 8.1 has ruined my fingerprint login

Helo There,

I'm digging the forums since a week to find out what has happened to the fingerprint reader. So now i gave up, please help. 

I tried the following things:

1. Windows settnig up the Driver, Simple pass from HP site  --> Nor Win, Nor Simple pass finds the option to log in with FP

2. HP Support assistant set up the driver, Simple pass from HP site --> same

3. Manually download the driver from HP site, Simple pass from HP site --> same

4. Manually download the driver from Validity website, no simple pass --> Windows finds the option to sign in, but doesn't do anything, when I'm scanning the finger.

5. Manually download the driver from Validity website, using the simple pass you mentioned here --> windows and SP finds that i have FP reader, but doesn't recognise that I'm scanning my finger

6. Installed back win 8.0 driver, no Simplepass--> Windows gives the option to log in with fingerprint, but the "add" button is gray

6. Installed back win 8.0 driver, previous simple pass --> no option to sign in

I figured, that i have to reboot after each mouse scroll what I do, so now i'm glad this cr**** has SSD...

Is there any combo I haven't try?

Ohh yes and let me add two more: it worked under W8, and having almost the same problem in W7....

Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation