Question

Honor Student
vvak2006
Message 1 of 3 (107 Views)

windows 8.1 update? to do or not to do on HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j073 Notebook PC

hi: bought a cool laptop few months back, all the latest bells n whistles. came with windows 8, and a hp warning not to update to windows 8.1 as some laptops have crashed on updating. 

well, is it safe to update to windows 8. 1now? whats are the pros and cons?

appreciate a response from the tech experts!!!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: windows 8.1 update? to do or not to do on HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j073 Notebook PC

Hi,

I actually upgraded my wife's Envy TS 15-j003 yesterday. It's a brand new machine with Windows 8. With 100 (yes 100) Windows 8 updates, it failed twice and at the end I had to split to 6 groups to be abale to pass all updates. The Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 upgrade took 2 hours (my other machine took only 45mins or less). No hiccup.

If your machine is up to date, it may take around 1 to 2 hours to upgrade. Windows 8.1 is much, much, much better than Windows 8. My wife does not know she is using Windows 8.1, because nearly everything looks like Windows 7.

Regards. 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
vvak2006
Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: windows 8.1 update? to do or not to do on HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j073 Notebook PC

[ Edited ]

Thank you for giving me courage to update. I have today, took a few hours like you said. but wifi connection is dropping. what drivers must I update from the hp website? 

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation