windows 8 installation (445 Views)
Intern
frankricher
Message 1 of 17 (445 Views)

windows 8 installation

[ Edited ]

hi 

i have purchase windows 8 now i want to install by  "in place upgrde method" using windows 8 backup disc or iso file, because i does not want to format my hp recovery drive D and hp tools drive E

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 17 (441 Views)

Re: windows 8 installation

Hi,

Have you already made a recovery disk set or USB recovery media?

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
frankricher
Message 3 of 17 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

does not have recovery disc creator option in hp recovery manager because it does come in my  pc model confimed by hp, so i had made recovery disc using create system image option in windows 7 and also system repair disc.

hp probook 4530s

product number : A7K05UT#ABA

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 17 (414 Views)

frankricher wrote:

Hi

does not have recovery disc creator option in hp recovery manager because it does come in my  pc model confimed by hp, so i had made recovery disc using create system image option in windows 7 and also system repair disc.

hp probook 4530s

product number : A7K05UT#ABA

What exactly do you mean?  Sorry, but I truly do not understand it.

A recovery disk is only made by the Recovery Manager software or purchased from HP or an HP Partner.

If you want to make an image do yourself a big favor and don't use Windows 7 to make it. An image made with  third part software by a manufacturer like Paragon or EASEUS  is more reliable.  An good alternative would be to copy the recovery partition to an external disk.

Here is a link to an HP web document that explains how to make a recovery disk set with your notebook.  The specifications I found on your notebook do not say that a set is delivered with the notebook. You have to make them yourself. 

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Intern
frankricher
Message 5 of 17 (404 Views)

hi

but there is recovery manager on startup and press F11 recovery manager start, but no option to create disc media 

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 17 (388 Views)

The option to create the recovery media is found when you access the recovery manager from within Windows.

Start-->All Programs -->HP -->create recovery media

Intern
frankricher
Message 7 of 17 (377 Views)

hi 

i can't access recovery manager within windows because there is no recovery manager application or software within windows, the recovery start when i restart then press F11. It said start recovery yes or no?

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 17 (317 Views)

OK.

Then I suggest that you either copy the Recovery drive (partition) to an external disk or order a recovery disk set from HP or an HP partner. 

The Recovery disk set is not expensive. In the US it costs about  $25-30.00 USD.

An in-place upgrade will remove the existing partitions and make new ones. That would not be a good thing if you don't have a recovery disk set.

If you do a clean install with Windows 8 Pro, then you can choose where you put the Windows 8 installation without deleting the recovery partition.

Intern
frankricher
Message 9 of 17 (310 Views)

hi 

can i download recovery disc from hp from link below

http://https://www.hprecoverymedia.com/(S(nto2wr551u3lq22sv3eczd55))/Pages/HPLandingPage.aspx

because i live in pakistan order recovery media is expensive for me and i am  a student

Provost
erico
Message 10 of 17 (304 Views)

Hi,

I am not aware of any website where it is legal to download HP recovery disk sets. The link you provided gives me an Error 404 (webpage not found)

If you have access to an external disk to copy the recovery partition to that may be a better solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation