04-07-2013 09:19 AM
the subject says it all.
yes, a six-year-old nx7400 laptop equipped with a recent SSD is good enough to run windows 8 x64 even with just one gigabyte of ram (despite ms 2gb requirements). only aero interface is disabled because of lowend graphics but everything works smooth and fine.
a question on superuser.com mentions a "power management driver" solution but I can't find one for this model. besides, there are no unknown devices in device manager and there is a "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" listed. anyone knows how to get the OS native power icon appear?
04-07-2013 10:08 PM
Is this what you wanted?
| Please hit Kudos, if I help you! |
| VA |
04-07-2013 11:34 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)