Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I have a dv7-6185us Pavillon Laptop and get this error also. So far all of my applications work fine.

HP Recommended
anyone have resolve this issue? i haven't i still got the error 😞
HP Recommended

I have the same difficulties with an Elitebook 8560p. 

On every system start it shows in the event viewer entries like:

2012.03.03 19:50:40.115|00000E58|Error      |[CaslWmi]EventWmi::B{bool()}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

or 

2012.03.03 19:50:38.025|00000E58|Error      |[CaslWmi]CommandFolio::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(int&)}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

They are relate to HP Software Framework.

By the way, I have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

HP Recommended

dear HP when will this get fix? as HP can see there are not only 1 who got the same problem, in this post it self more than 1 i can imagine there many more who got the same problem but didn't post.

HP please fix, been waiting more than 1 month to get a fix.

HP Recommended

After installing updates over HP Support assistant, I am constantly experiencing problems with HP Software framework in conjunction with HP Connection manager on my HP ProBook 4530s QJ763AV notebook with Windows 7 x64 operating system. Namely, problem symptoms are following: HP connection manager doesn't show any notifications in the notification area,as normally would (for example when turning on or off the Wifi and Bluetooth using the button) and in the Event Viewer one can see a lot of errors of type event 4 and 5 relating to hpMobile, Casl and CaslWMI. Moreover I detected that these errors appears every time I switch on or off Wifi and Bluetooth with the button. With deinstalled HP connection manager I get no errors. Text description contains words like "HP Framework failed", "Cannot display notification", "e_HPINVALIDSIGNATURE", "e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE". I tried sfc/scannow - no errors found, checked .NET Framework - .NET FW 4.0 installed, reinstalled every version of HP SW Framework and HP connection manager that I could find on the support and drivers webpage for my notebook - no results.

I started a new thread also because this topic is related only to HP SW Framework.

HP Recommended

This issue is far from resolved!

Also refer to PB4530s.1's new thread he started at: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/HP-Software-framework-and-HP-connection-...

In that thread I mention that the latest HP software framework is ver. 4.0.59.1 (sp50261.exe) and causing the same issues. I have noticed that it is a 32bit app. and that could be causing a problem with the BIOS on a x64 PC but HP would have to shed more light on this. Also this HP-SF dose not install from the HP installation DVD for new x64 PC's but comes as recommended when using HP-SA (Support Assistant).

HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 8740w Quad Core.  1 month old . F21 BIOS ( newest ) Win 7 64 and XP Pro 32 Dual Boot.

I get these errors on Win 7 and XP ( Dual-Boot ), I have 2 Hard Drives the other being the original drive with only Win 7 64 bit loaded, so 3 seperate running systems !

I also have these strange CaslSmBios / CaslWmi and hpcasl errors in event viewer , I have HPSF v4.1.13.1 and HPSA v 6.1.12.1 , I was getting these every 2/3 mins after boot, on a fresh system with only Windows updates and SP1 ( also .net 4 loaded with all updates ) , which was filling event viewer with lots of entries , most of my errors are very similar to everyone elses saying BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI when getting battery info or Folio state and  EDID DATA etc.

I contacted HP Support and they have changed Motherboard , this has had no effect  on Event Viewer but did stop system lockups I was having.

I have uninstalled HPSF/HPSA/HP Power Data and HP Power Assistant ,then reinstalled HPSF and HPSA and now only get these errors when I do a BATTERY Check via HPSA , not every 2/3 mins as before ( I bet if I reload HP Power Data and HP Power Assistant I will have them every 2/3 mins again so I am waiting to reload these 2 untill I see what HP has to say ) ? Although the check returns a PASS and all looks good ,I still get these errors.

When loading HPSA I did get an event viewer message that said CaslShared.dll and hpcasl.dll had not been added to the Global Cache ? Although when I check they have loaded into C:/Program Files(x86)/Hewlett-Packard/Shared as can be seen from the version number on the .dll (4.1.13.1) no other errors appeared during the loading and it said it had all loaded fine only E.Viewer errors.

These errors everyone is having and believe me we are not the only ones ( put HP Casl error into Google ) seem to be related to the SYSTEM MANAGED BIOS ( SMBIOS ) so nothing you or I can do will fix it ? It is something relating to BIOS. Some people fix with a BIOS flash and some have faulty Registry settings , that is why trying a system restore sometimes fixes it.

Another interesting place to look is on your HP_TOOLS partition after doing a FULL SYSTEM check via F2 at boot , this will give you a SystemDiag.log file (show hidden folders to see ) mine had an entry saying that when called SMBIOS had returned a 0 , not a 1, as I would expect and also it had FAILED TO LOAD BATTERY INFO 2010 , now HP_TOOLS via F2 is OS independant so does this suggest that it is a BIOS issue , that when called is returning an incorrect value ? NOTE the On Screen messages said everthing had a PASS and ALL was OK after the check , which took 4 hrs !

Also looking on the Notebook Forum I see many Elitebook owners from last year saying that YOU MUST flash BIOS from USB key , and not via Windows or VIDEO BIOS will not flash atall , could this be a similar problem ?Having flashed our BIOSes from Windows have we missed out and is this causing issues.

I have contacted Support regarding these errors and I am awaiting the reply, will keep you all posted re the outcome.

Unfortunately I think many more users have these issues BUT  unless you go into Event Viewer and check , you will not realise as no other errors appear , so the average user will never know 😞

Anyone with any ideas on this please chip in, I am all ears .

Add some KUDOS on left if you like this it may get this noticed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Is anyone experiancing these issues on machines that are running the HP version of the OS. Feedback I have had from HP is that the version of the OS (W7Pro(64bit)) I am running, is not the one supplied on their installation DVD and that is why I am experiancing these problems. I would appriciate feedback as I have escalated this issue to 2nd tear support and I somehow do not believe them but will push further based on the feedback I get here.

I had a HDD crash in Sep. last year which was replaced by HP under warranty, but that obviously, dose not come preinstalled with OS and HP partition (HP Tools etc.) like a new laptop. As my laptop was supplied with the incorrect DVD's from the start my supplier installed the OS for me from their version, which now turns out to not have been the HP one. HP has sent me a new DVDs with the correct OS and drivers and want me to start from scratch. I know that this is lot of work and I suspect that at the end it is going to make no difference.

Dink4 thanks for posting the link to this thread on the other thread ("HP Software framework and HP connection manager errors" by PB4530s).

I suggest we just continue sharing info and chip away at HP until they get of their high horse and start attending to this issue. It is odd that HP tells me its the OS, Dink4 was told its the MoBo, HP employees have suggested version updates quoting old versions but saying that it was the latest ones, obviously not having looked properly before posting. Other HP employees have just stoped contributing to this issue. Why?

HP Recommended

@MrPhilipTran wrote:

From my findings, these errors are caused by incompatible software to the BIOS, as this would need to be fix by HP when they release the updated version of the HP Software Framework or BIOS firmware.

Thank You.

is the products using framework abandoned ? since its long long wait until update 😞

then the people got the same errors getting piled up more and more...

HP Recommended

@ RENAMO3

Hi nice to see I am not the only one :OpenSmile:

Well if it makes you any happier I have 2 hard drives , the original from HP with Win 7 Pro 64 bit ( and the HP_TOOLS partition ) , windows updates and SP1 and no other software , I also have a Tri-Boot on another NEW drive which has XP Pro 32 bit and Win 7 Pro 64 bit both loaded from HP discs ( The other is Ubuntu 10.1 ) these have ALL Windows updates and SP's and guess what , ALL THE WINDOWS OS's have the same problem.

I am also running .net 4 on ALL , I know that HPSF says you must have at least .net 3.5 to load , but what version are you running , I wonder if this could be some of our issues?

So I reckon they are trying to stall you , and ignore any crap they give you regarding the HP_TOOLS partition it is there only to support QUICKWEB/QUICKLOOK and F2 Diagnostics when you first boot your machine, if you do not have QWeb and QLook it may as well not be there :HalfEyes:

What machine are you running , and what HP Software , it seems that the errors are coming on mine when Support Assistant or Power Assistant is used, but HP Software Framework ( HPSF ) RUNS with ALL these applications so it is hard to single out the issue.

NOTE :

Check C:/Program Files (x86)/Hewlett-Packard/Shared and check that ALL .dll files in there have the version number for HPSF that you are running , because when you uninstall HPSA and HPSF they DO NOT get deleted, you MUST manually delete them after uninstall and reboot , BEFORE trying to reload either of these applications or you WILL get errors, from my experience playing around trying to get this all to work :Wink:

Goodluck and hopefully more people will chip in as I see loads of views BUT nobody saying much.

Dave.

Add some KUDOS on left if you like this it may get this noticed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.