Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I would appreciate if you could direct me to Windows XP drivers for HP Pavilion dv4-1228ca.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and ATI HDMI Audio) here

MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and ATI HDMI Audio) here

Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card. I know then this is guide for dv5 but many hardware and drivers are the same for both models.

IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver,

1. sp41698, vista driver, reported work in XP here

2. sp41693, vista driver, reported work in XP here

3. sp39671, vista driver, reported works in XP here or here

4. Find Your Vista audio driver on this DVD where You burned C:\Swsetup folder. It may also work under XP.

When You will install any audio driver with success check is Your sound working.

If there will be no sound after restart check this thread. There are informations how to solve this.

High-Definition Audio (HDA) Modem Installer and Driver here

ATI HDMI Audio here

HP Quick Launch Buttons here

Atheros Wireless here

or

Broadcom Wireless here

Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet here

ALPS Touchpad here

ENE CIR Receiver here (Your Vista driver)

JMB38X Card Reader  here

HP 3D DriveGuard 1.10 A here

If you had for 7 unknown devices (buttons drivers), here (New link)

Do manual installation

Go to device manager, right click unknown device,

Choose to update driver, No to connect,

Choose install from a list or specific location, Don't search, Have disk,

Browse to the location of machine.inf.

Do it for the rest of unknown devices.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 09-12-2009 03:53 PM
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Before we will start with it I've got one thing to tell You . Downgrading this model is not always easy and Your model is designed for good work under Vista. Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card. I know then this is guide for dv5 but many hardware and drivers are the same for both models. It's recommended also by me to print this guide and informations about problems with sound card.

First make Vista backup. Here You've got all informations how to do it.

You have a folder with drivers & programs that may prove very helpful after XP downgrade. Copy folder C:\Swsetup to DVD Before formatting your hdd.

Update Your Bios to the latest version from here. There are very important changes.

How to do it?

Plug You ac adapter to the computer.

Disconnect from the internet. Switch off any antivirus and firewalls.

Start updating Bios. It may take some time. Don't switch off Your laptop, don't disconnect ac and don't do anything on it when this update is running. 

Now You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only x86 drivers) win nLite.

Here is guide how to do it and here are AMD SATA AHCI Controller for You. Just unrar this drivers with winrar.

Be sure also that You are using WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack

and here You have got guide how to slipstream this file with Your system again by nLite.

In this program You can even burn Your new XP cd with this driver.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 09-12-2009 03:36 PM

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Drivers for Your model:

First You must install .Net Framework  here (You need it for Catalyst software and  HP Quick Launch Buttons)

Ati HD 3200 Graphic here

If it will not install then use method below.

How to install HD 3200 Graphics/Video for XP

For this video graphic, ATI do NOT release XP drivers due to some agreement with HP that backed by Microsoft.

However, you may utilize Mobility Modder by driverheaven.net.

Download these files

1. Download MSXML 6.0 from Microsoft, here

download msxml6_x86.msi --> 1.5MB

2. Download Mobility Modder, here

Do the following steps

1. Please make sure you had install .Net Framework,

2. Download
newest desktop drivers, (You've already downloaded it)

Run Catalyst Software Suite but cancel the installation once the driver is extracted.

3. Run Mobility Modder, browse to the driver in C:ATI/SUPPORT/xxxxx/ --> hit modify. Wait until driver is modified.

4. Wait until Install is finished and reboot

Further detail can be found in here

HP Recommended

MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and ATI HDMI Audio) here

MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and ATI HDMI Audio) here

Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card. I know then this is guide for dv5 but many hardware and drivers are the same for both models.

IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver,

1. sp41698, vista driver, reported work in XP here

2. sp41693, vista driver, reported work in XP here

3. sp39671, vista driver, reported works in XP here or here

4. Find Your Vista audio driver on this DVD where You burned C:\Swsetup folder. It may also work under XP.

When You will install any audio driver with success check is Your sound working.

If there will be no sound after restart check this thread. There are informations how to solve this.

High-Definition Audio (HDA) Modem Installer and Driver here

ATI HDMI Audio here

HP Quick Launch Buttons here

Atheros Wireless here

or

Broadcom Wireless here

Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet here

ALPS Touchpad here

ENE CIR Receiver here (Your Vista driver)

JMB38X Card Reader  here

HP 3D DriveGuard 1.10 A here

If you had for 7 unknown devices (buttons drivers), here (New link)

Do manual installation

Go to device manager, right click unknown device,

Choose to update driver, No to connect,

Choose install from a list or specific location, Don't search, Have disk,

Browse to the location of machine.inf.

Do it for the rest of unknown devices.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 09-12-2009 03:53 PM

HP Recommended

Worked flawlessly. Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.