HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-27-2009 06:39 PM
For the clicking, see if this helps:
|******Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******|
**Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**
++You must be the originator of thread to see the option Accept as Solution++
06-03-2009 12:55 AM
Ok, so I thought it was working but everytime i restart my pc, no sound! And even when I do what has been said the sound is poor.
and iv'e already read a dozen forum independent of HP's.
06-03-2009 09:49 AM
Solution for this problem written by Rakhmad:
If you found the sound was not working after restart, do the following steps
1. Download devcon command line utility, here
2. Extract and copy the file to c:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe
3. Make command line to restart MS-UAA automatically or just download this file
The command line as: C:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3607103C&REV_03"
1. The location of devcon.exe is in c:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe if you change it, you need to edit idt.bat
2. "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3607103C&REV_03" is hardware ID for MS-UAA, if you found it in a different name change it.
3. Place idt.bat in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
4. The sound will be restore within 6-10 seconds, because of that there is NO sound of XP start-up
You didn't write me then You've got sound but You loose it after restart.
06-03-2009 12:35 PM
@Daniel, thanks so much AGAIN and AGAIN!
ok, so after trying several of the .bat files it works now
NOTE: daniel the file for that automated ".bat" is a readme so by transfering the file and such will do nothing. I had to copy and past the command into a new file, re-named it, I also had to change the cammand specific for my pc. all in all I really don't know exactly what makes the audio work, I have several ".bats" written from several forums.
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but there is a kind of "tingy" sound when play music etc, im not getting the "pop" ive read about, but it is a little tingy. Any suggestions; please le me know