HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-30-2010 06:57 PM
My dv9233cl after system recovery, the video driver is standard graphic card.
I tried many different drivers , but after update the driver, Win Vista 32bit ( service pack 2) shows Window logo then went black, or BSOD, all pionts to nvidia driver.
Here is the list of drivers I tried:
1. Current 2.00 A from HP support site
2. Driver version 18.104.22.16815A from HP site.
3. Driver version 22.214.171.12459A from HP site.
4. Driver version 126.96.36.19946A from HP site.
5. Driver version 179.48 bete from Nvidia support site.
6. Driver version 188.8.131.5213 from HP site.
7. Driver from Win Vista auto update.
All above drivers are not working, Laptop works fine with standard driver.
Any dv9233cl out there can tell me which driver you are using?
ANY ONE CAN HELP??
04-30-2010 08:14 PM
Try downloading MS driver
start windows Update
when it completes find Nvidia driver from list in "Optional"
~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
05-03-2010 07:19 AM
You may have defective video chipset if it keeps crashing when you install the driver.
05-03-2010 04:10 PM
If I leave it with standard video drive, the laptop running fine ( ofcouse screen flickering due to not right driver).
Is the video chip mount on the mother board or it on an PCI e card?
Some post say that it is a small card mount on mother board, is it right?
05-04-2010 07:12 AM
Honestly, I am not sure. You may have to either open it or have someone look at the computer.