HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-10-2010 07:50 AM - edited 11-12-2012 10:29 AM
You should test all Vista audio and graphic drivers which are on your model support page.
When you will successfully install any:
a) audio driver - please test your sound quality, mic and headphones. Choose this driver which gives you the
b) graphic driver - please check your graphic card temperature.
When normal installation will fail, then try to run this unsuccessfully installed file in the Vista Compatibility
Remember to uninstall the old driver first before installing other one.
How to find all Vista audio and graphic drivers for the specific model on the HP website?
1. Click the Support & Drivers link here.
2. In the search box type your notebook product number (p/n).
3. Choose ' Next '.
4. Click ' Software & Driver Downloads '.
5. Use the dropdown selector to select correct operation system and click ' Next '. Choose:
● ' Microsoft Windows Vista ' if you are using Windows 7 32 bit;
● ' Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit) ' if you are using Windows 7 64 bit.
6. Click the sign next to your Audio or Graphic driver. Newest release of drivers are listed first , but not
always the best solution. Previous and sometimes better working drivers are on the next page, found
by clicking on ' (Previous versions available) ' link. You will be taken to a page with list of all drivers
starting from newest to oldest.