HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-10-2009 05:56 AM
11-01-2009 01:12 PM
11-14-2009 08:43 AM
Did u ever find out the problem with your webcam?
I was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with a supposed IT professional from HP-from India-where else? And she was useless.
My magic-i still does not open up due to a "driver not found"
And HP's solution patch doesn't even open up.
Any help will b appreciated.
PS-i downloaded the software disc 15 times-no help.
11-14-2009 08:46 AM
I think your keyboard freezing is another problem entirely.
I also have the same thing-i thought it was mu mouse but it isn't.
I also have the same problem with the Magic-i so let me know if u have found any solutions.
11-27-2009 11:30 AM
I just solved this problem using the following instructions I found on the ArcSoft User Forum.
THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM! Thanks to marvinmartian.
11-27-2009 04:41 PM
11-27-2009 05:09 PM
Don't buy this rubbish. Buy anything else.
When you try to report the problem to Arcsoft, the message form demands that you enter the product reference - which you cannot get because you cannot find magic-i driver, and the reference number you can get from the sytem isnt recognised by arcsoft, so you are not allowed to complete the form and send it off ! Its a great way of ensuring that arcsoft get no complaints. Yes, I am frustrated.
11-27-2009 06:59 PM - edited 11-27-2009 07:05 PM
Awesome fix, thank you so much! i had tried 5 times before i read your post but never did the "Compatibility" thingey. I knew it HAD to somehow work because my Toshiba Laptop is also running Windows 7 BUT 32 bit and it loaded drivers no problem ( the HP i was having the trouble with has Windows 7 and is 64 bit - i talk about all these specs AS IF i know what they mean Anyhow, thank you so much for the posted intructions you put. I could never have figured it out without your step-by-step- ! It worked like a charm, EXCEPT: choosing Vista Service Pack 2 didn't work for me, but i persevered and tried Just Vista, still a "no go" but lo & behold when i tried Vista Service Pack 1 it worked!! Thanks again! And thanks to marvinmartian!
12-06-2009 01:05 PM
- KQ246AA - HP Deluxe Webcam
- KQ245AA - HP Premium Autofocus Webcam
- GX607AA - HP Elite Autofocus Webcam
- Use Installation disc version 1.4 or higher.
- Do NOT use version 1.3 or lower. Any software CD version lower that version 1.4 will not install correctly on Windows 7 64 bit. Installation disc version 1.4 is black and green and labeled with part number 5014-0797. If the software CD indicates version 1.4 or higher, the software will install correctly on XP, VISTA (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). Any of the new blue CDs (OV3) with part # 573510-001 or 573514-001 will install correctly.
- Use Installation disc version 1.5 or higher.
- Do NOT use version 1.4 or lower. Any software version lower that version 1.5 will not install correctly on Windows 7 64 bit. If the software CD indicates version 1.5 or higher, the software will install correctly on XP, VISTA (32 and 64 bit), and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit).