HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-03-2009 11:40 AM
Hello everyone, i recently bought HP Presario Notebook CQ60-240EK and i need some help to find the Audio and microphone drivers for XP SP3 (i already downgraded to XP SP3, and all works fine i just need audio and microphone drivers).
Here is my specs :
Microprocessor 2 GHz Intel Pentium dual core processor T4200
Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
Sound Altec Lansing speakers
3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated
Thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-03-2009 03:27 PM
Download Audio driver from here.
Intructions how to install it in XP.
- Extract this driver with Winrar.
- Open Device manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right click on Either the High Definition Audio Device if you have the generic Microsoft drivers, or the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 if you have older Conexant drivers and choose "Update Driver Software..."
- Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Click "Have Disk..." then Browse to the folder where the drivers were extracted .......\XP32 for 32-bit XP. Click OK.
- Select one of the "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221" models in the list, there will be multiple identical entries.
- Click Next, and you're done.
08-03-2009 03:44 PM
Thanks for your fast reply and for the method of installation it helps me alot, i've got Audio and sound working fine, i used your method for installation but i tryed that driver i found after little research
But Microphone seems not to work fine if you could help me with that i'll be very thankfull.
(Sorry for my bad english)
08-03-2009 03:57 PM
08-03-2009 04:54 PM