HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-04-2008 09:25 AM
12-04-2008 10:06 AM - edited 12-04-2008 10:17 AM
Are you sure its looking for a 16 digit code .. because the only thing you may need to type would be the 25 digit alphanumeric Product Key located on the bottom of the notebook.
I just checked into some things, and you may need to contact microsoft to have them activate the product manually:
How to activate Windows XP by phone
To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.
Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
- Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.
- Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
- Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.
Note The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.
- When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !