HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-26-2010 07:42 AM
Greetings. I've scanne the boards at this site and have gotten good advice. Here's my problem:
1. I recently tried to upgrade from Vista-Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate and was forced to do a clean install after several upgrade attempts freezing and Microsoft's tech support suggesting that was my only alternative.
2. At boot time, the screen display always comes up in the lowest brigthtness possible...and I can't make it any brighter with Function Keys nor does Power Options show any way to toggle brightness.
3. I went to HP Support/Drivers and chose Windows 7 for my machine...but there are no QuickLaunch Button Updates
4. I chose Vista 32-bit and did reinstall the QuickLaunch Buttons exe (SP40139).
5. All the Quick launch keys work (i.e., Lock, sleep, Help) with the exception of the Brightness Function Keys...they still don't work.
Any Ideas on how to get my screen brightness back? Even if it's permanently set to max bright is fine...right now it appears to be set to max dim.
01-26-2010 08:19 AM
Uninstall Your current driver for HP QLB.
Install this one:
HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 22.214.171.124 for 32/64 bit Win7)
Check this thread:
Windows7 Upgrade Guide for dv2000 models
01-26-2010 04:28 PM
Many thanks for your suggestion. I tried this on my machine...and it did not correct the problem. I'm getting the same behavior as previously...all the Quick Launch buttons work except brightness. My machine still boots into low dim and cannot be changed any other way than with the buttons. THere is no Power Options setting either that can be toggled..