Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did a factory system restore on my hp pavillion a6312p, now i cannot connect to the internet, a message is popping up saying YOUR ETHERNET CONTROLLER IS IN DEEP SLEEP MODE, PLEASE PLUG IN CABLE, my cable is plugged in, help please. someone told me to reset the BIOS i did that and it didnt work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From a search using Google, this appears to be a common problem with the Realtek  onboard ethernet your machine has.I would probably just purchase a real network card and install it. A regular PCI network card could be used in the slot that dialup modem is occupying now. Or you have two PCI Express x1 slots.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

When you say reset BIOS, did you clear the settings using jumpers? If not try that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01324212

HP Recommended

i cleared the setting s using the jumpers on the motherboard. it still didnt work.

HP Recommended

Enter BIOS setup and reset to Defaults, Save and Exit. I will be offline soon,hope you get this worked out. It seems that quite a few people have also had this issue HERE

HP Recommended

it still didnt work. thanks for your help, hope to see some more ideas from you, thanks again so far.

HP Recommended

From a search using Google, this appears to be a common problem with the Realtek  onboard ethernet your machine has.I would probably just purchase a real network card and install it. A regular PCI network card could be used in the slot that dialup modem is occupying now. Or you have two PCI Express x1 slots.

HP Recommended

great, ill try the PCI  card and post the progress later. thanks

HP Recommended

i was also thinking of getting one of those ethernet to usb converter. which do u think is the better idea?

HP Recommended

I have never used a usb type ,have installed many PCI network cards.I suppose it is which  is easier for you.

HP Recommended

ok thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.