HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-05-2012 06:57 PM
Hello , I have a HP Dv7 with beats audio. The issue is: I hear a glinch in thru my speakers when I play my music or watch a video clip on youtube, msnbc ,etc on the internet. It lasts for about half a sec but, it is continous throughout the my media. This is the 2nd HP that has done this. the first one I brought online directly from HP. I sent it in for repair but when I got it back, it still did this. So I returned it and got a refund. I brought this one from amazon and it does the same exact thing. Is this something that happens with all the new HPs?? Can I fix this?? And does anyone esle have this problem??
I have updated all drivers and its still there. Here's my specs.:
- Intel Core i7-720QM Processor (1.60GHz); 6GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (2 DIMM) (expandable to 8GB); 1TB (Terabyte 2x500GB 7200 RPM) hard drive; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 17.3 Inch diagonal High-Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 switchable graphics with 1GB dedicated DDR3 memory up to 3738MB total graphics memory
- External Ports: 5-in-1 memory card reader; 4 USB 2.0 (4th port shared with eSATA); 1 HDMI; 1 VGA (15-pin); 1 RJ -45 (LAN); 1 Headphone-out; 1 Microphone-in
- LightScribe Technology Blu-ray/SuperMulti DVD Burner; Beats Audio and HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer; Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Brushed aluminum finish; 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad; HP Clickpad with On/Off button; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone; HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader
UPDATE: If seem to only do it when my AC adapter (120w) is plugged in. I went to Bestbuy and brought a HP smart adapter (90w). This problem is still there even witha smaller watt adapter. Can someone plz HELP???,,,
01-06-2012 06:16 PM
okay, so this is what i was told by HP... Turn off your laptop, unplug it, remove the battery and then press and hold the power button for about 1 minute. This will drain the extra energy from the memory. Put the battery back in, plug it in and then boot up...
It works to an extent until next time... the other aspect is there is something about the Hard Drive and the protection feature .. or something like that... the answer is in these posts somewhere I forgot where... when it is turned on, you will get that static noise, but once you turn it off.. The noise is gone...
This has worked for me for months now...
04-10-2012 12:13 PM
I have a dv7 4500 and I can't get the right speaker to produce the full sound.I've tried everything. Pluse the Beats auido sucks.It doesn't do anything?? can someone help me fix my speaker problem? TY
04-21-2012 04:16 PM
i have a dv7 6165us and i have the sound glitch at least 3 times an hour it glitches for 2 seconds and interupts music video and games lagging.Ive talked to hp and ive done everything possible listed.
TURN OFF DRIVEGUARD
TEST ISSUE WITH AC ADAPTER UNPLUGGED
Ive tried everything and that annoying little glitch or pop or whatever is still there.the system is for my son for college so i dont have time to send it back to HP.does anyone and or HP have any suggestions.
By the way HP you are very quiet on these forums rarely interjecting with support.Whats the problem if youve solved this problem for only one person your system of support should be set up to pass these fixes on to other customers.Im not holding my breath for an answer but who knows maybe theres a HP tech who takes pride in there work thatll see this.
04-21-2012 04:37 PM
10-03-2012 04:52 PM
the solutions outlined on this thread dont help me...I still have the annoying buzzing noise!!! HP wth is happening???????aaaaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
10-04-2012 07:41 PM
Not that I have this issue anymore. It stopped for me once I disabled the hard drive protection in Windows Mobility. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have the AMD Radeon video cards. there is an updated driver out there on their website.
I have downloaded and installed and I have no issues ... SO I am also wondering maybe if you all made sure your drivers and software for your laptop/pc is updated.. if that will fix your issue as well. I am always looking for updated drivers for my laptop here, as things change daily in this world.
Just a thought
03-16-2013 07:56 AM - edited 03-16-2013 07:57 AM
I just upgraded my video card driver and the problem still persists. I have tried everything in this forum except for sending my laptop into HP which I would very much like to avoid.
For those of you who still have this problem, I will be creating a new forum page soon to see if additional troubleshooting resolves the issue.