HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-25-2009 11:19 AM
'm having trouble installing the audio driver in xp sp2 and xp sp3, did not work.
installed several without success.
also downloaded the windows update driver IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, also without success.
09-30-2009 06:45 PM
Before installing the sound driver in XP we need to install UAA driver and need to be restarted,
Here are the details and driver's for your notebook:
Here is the UAA driver:
After installing the UAA driver reboot the notebook and install the audio driver from the following link:
After downloading the file please extract the files to a folder on the desktop.
Follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select not at this time, click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse, Choose the location where you have saved the extracted folder.
8. Open the folder and choose the .inf file listed.
9. Ignore any errors you receive and proceed with the installation.
It works...that's for sure.
10-02-2009 08:28 PM
Uninstall all sound drivers under "Sound video and game controller"...
UAA driver as well and install UAA driver first and restart the notebook and install this below driver and click on action tab on the device manager and select scan for hardware changes..
Again try and let me know the status.
10-05-2009 12:34 AM
MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card. I know then this is guide for dv5 but many hardware and drivers are the same for both models.
IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver,
1. sp41698, vista driver, reported work in XP here
2. sp41693, vista driver, reported work in XP here
4. If You still have old folder C:\Swsetup from Vista somewhere then audio drivers from there may also work for You.
When You will install any audio driver with success check is Your sound working.
If there will be no sound after restart check this thread. There are informations how to solve this.
High-Definition Audio (HDA) Modem Installer and Driver here
All drivers You will find in Cheryl & Rakhmad guide General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops_Part 3.
10-05-2009 05:09 AM
But I solved the problem of audio, the service for stacsv after rebooting the system.
so I put together with the devcon ... the command by: (net start stacsv)
but the challenge remains, after installing the wireless. the system takes 5 minutes to load.
10-05-2009 10:42 AM
It's for 100% because You've installed wrong driver.
Uninstall Your wireless driver and restart Your system.
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager
Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here device id. This way we will know what it is.
Below You've got example how to do it: