HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-23-2009 06:17 PM
I have a dv9000 (dv9260nr) running vista 64 ultimate and my speakers suddenly stopped working. I already tried googling all the possible troubleshooting techniques and I have done the following:
Uninstall/reinstall/updating drivers from hp website
making sure its not on mute with volume at level 100
physically changing the internal speakers with working ones
There are no yellow exclamation marks under device manager and everything says its operational. The sound settings have "speakers" checked as default. The sound only works if I plug in headphones or external speakers. This problem happened right after my game crashed (Fallout 3), so when I restarted the computer, I noticed there were no system sounds. I'm at the end of my rope and would love some tips in fixing this **bleep** problem.
04-29-2009 04:07 AM
Have you try hard reset?
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the notebook.
- Remove any optical disks (CD or DVD), and disconnect any external devices or peripherals such as USB devices, printers, docking stations etc.
- Press the Power button for about 2 - 5 second.
- Plug the AC adapter directly into a functioning wall socket.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
05-07-2009 08:50 AM