HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-20-2009 03:28 PM - edited 12-20-2009 03:31 PM
I have a dv6853cl and have a sound crackling problem. The only time it didn't crackle was when I was running Linux Mint (dual). I now have a clean install of windows 7 ultimate and the laptop speakers and headphones crackle. Turning off the wireless card or disabling through device manager made no difference.
At very low volume it doesn't crackle or i just don't notice it.
01-06-2010 12:44 PM - edited 01-06-2010 12:58 PM
This is how bad it sounds. I will never buy HP again if this can't be solved:
01-13-2010 07:17 AM
Lynchnot, I am curious. If you unplug your AC adapter from the laptop while listening to audio though your headphones/external speakers, does the issue go away?
01-20-2010 09:09 AM
I think I found the cause and solution. I was/am also having a problem with applications often "not responding". When I applied the solution below from this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w
1. Turn Off the Laptop.
2. Disconnect all the external devices and AC power adaptor.
3. Turn the laptop upside down.
4. You will find a long compartment in the upper side of the laptop.
5. Slide the latches beside the battery compartment. This would open the battery compartment door and battery would pop up.
6. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
7. Press and hold the Turn ON button for 60Seconds (to remove static electricity).
8. Place the battery back in to the battery compartment and close the compartment door.
9. Please connect the Ac adaptor.