HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-29-2012 12:12 PM
Hi i have HP Pavilion G6 1201TX, and i have noticed that my right speaker is not functioning i have tried the reset option of removing the battery and trying it back on but still no help...also when i check it on control panel and try to do sound check the sound for right speaker also plays on the left speaker itself.....please help me resolve
Thanks in advance
07-30-2012 06:01 AM
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)
07-30-2012 07:10 AM - edited 07-30-2012 07:12 AM
My HP pavilion laptop model no is G6 1201TX, product number is QG470PA#ACJ, Operating system Windows 7 basic & Country of purchase is India.
07-30-2012 07:25 AM
Check the audio balance. Click the link below to find more details about it:
07-30-2012 01:54 PM
Perform a hard reset:
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
- If prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.
07-31-2012 04:23 AM
It looks that you have hardware problem.
08-11-2012 09:28 AM
i m facing the same problem with my new hp pavilion g6. and my frnd too... if this is hardware problem then why its happening in every hp pavilion g6 system?