HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-29-2012 09:27 AM
Hi, I am not able to hear playback of audio from the speakers on my laptop. Only if I connect a headphone I am able to hear. Kindly help resolve.
04-29-2012 09:33 AM
1) Try a Hard Reset as follows.
Remove any devices connected to the notebook. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds. Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook - check if the speakers are now working.
2) Please First check if the speaker icon on the unit is not muted.
3) Go to device manager and uninstall the Sound driver and restart and unit will install the driver automatically.
4) Try doing System restore to the date when the unit was working fine.
5) Try to update the driver from hp.com website for Audio & Bios.
"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****