Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought a HP Pavilion dv7-4197cl.  I am having th same problem as described in this thread.  I have tried all of the solutions described here.  The only thing that seems to help running off of batter instead of the power adapter.  I contacted HP and they are sending me a new power adapter.  I'm not sure if this is going to be the solution.  I am thinking it is some sort of power management issue.  Has anyone seen a bad power  adapter cause this?

HP Recommended

Have you tried this?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv 7-1135nr that was experiencing the same problems.  After downloading the BIOS update, it worked like a charm; problem solved! :generic:

Many thanks for the link.  You're a life-saver.

Regards

HP Recommended

I seem to be having the same problem, and it is getting quiet frustrating as I use my laptop for music, movies and online talking via skype. Im not a tech savy person and I was wondering how do I solve this problem or is there even a way. Would it be better just to save up for a new laptop and transfer all my school files onto a back up hard drive.

if anyone can help, id be very thankfull!

HP Recommended

I had this problem on a HP 6910p. I upgraded the BIOS to version F19 and then upgraded the audio driver to version 6.1.7601.17514 (Filename: sp45920.exe). The problem was gone.

HP Recommended

Same, same,only ProBook 5330m.

The sound quality would be very nice with the machine, exept these annoying buzzes in between.

Had BIOS updated, had chipset driver updated, had audio driver updated and no win on my coupon.

Since this is so common, and may lead to problems on the OS, why does the manufacturer not have "total cure pack", where a simple no-geeg end user can get by without having a computer maintenance course to start with?

I realy hate this kind of stuff, when having new equipment that install something all the time for enhancement, yet they almost every time seem to make things worse.

I realy don't want to spend my busines hours klicking this and that, but to do something productive with my computer.

Antother thing, that goes togetter with the buzz is that it seems to have an efect also on my keyboard. I don't know if these are related, but while the buzz occurs (listening music on iTune), Shift or a combination of Shift and Ctrl and propably CapsLock also seems to go to button_dn. My text is selected or upper case turns on and does not function as in computers in genera, for instance . > : and other alike phenomena apears on printing on the screen.

HP Recommended

Correction to prior post of mine.

Seems, that after updating BIOS, chipset and audio drivers the problem is solved.

But still in agony for the continuous need to do such updates manually.

HP Recommended

Nope,

After Shut down for the night, the surge is there again. And it effects the whole system.

Following sumptomes happen occationally or every time the surge-sound is heard

1) Sound buzzes,

2) While writing the keyboard stops responing for the time of the sound,

4) Mouse pointer flies off the target to random location, usually right upper corner or down around centercenter

4) While writing, keyboard strikes unknown keys and some of the text written may become selected

I have a ProBook 5330m, and my girl friend roperts similar symptoms on another HP laptop, I think it is from the Elite-series. She's running a wireless bt-mouse and the mouse seems to loose the connetion also and will not connect wihtout installing it again.

In addition to what I wrote earlier, the unexpected keyboard behaviour is present also in this post. 😄

- added text

I could propably cope if I had a "minilaptop" computer, that cost less tahan 300 Euros, but on a business series value -setup this is totally outrageos.

Used to have a Samsung NC20 mini-laptop and nothing alike ever happen with it. I think it would be time to HP take actions.

HP Recommended

By the nature of the sound and other occations on the computer I am certain, or virtually certain, that this is a power controlling issue more or less.

I have been running both battery and power cord connected and it does not make any difference. Either it has something to do with the HP Power Assistant or there is something wrong on the power source.

Now that I think back, there was once a HDD malfunction, when an ugly screaming sound was heard. It has not occured but once, but may also be due to this.

Still not a problem solved yet.

HP Recommended

I have this problem on my HP Probook 4530s it started today (23. 04. 2012) at first I thought it was damaged hardware but after researching apparently it's software/firmware.

Intel core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

Are there any BIOS updates available for this kind of laptop, this sound thing is driving me crazy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.